Mikuni HSR 42mm ( TM42-6P )

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Jukkis

Mikuni HSR 42mm ( TM42-6P )

Post by Jukkis »

This question some of you has propably heard more than hundred times.

What is the best carburator for 750 (-89) Paso ?.
My bike Weber don't work at all and now is time to change better one. Have anyone test Mikuni HSR, is't possible to use single carburator, and is there any single carburator intake manifolds on market.

Thanks

Jukkis :roll:
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

Hi Jukkis!
I just wonder why so many people have so mutch troubles with
weber carb!
My dukess is well known in tuscany just because is running good at any rpm!
I had to take a very good care in balancing the pipes and I changed the minmum jets from 55 to 60 but the best trouble came from the silencer! I had a 2 in 1 Arrow silencer and it didn't worked at all!!!
I made a custom muffler, longer than the older and not so "wide" and everything runned good!!!
You are sure that there isn't anything else not running good in your bike?
Have a nice ride, Nicola
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi Jukkis from "neibourhood"!

I take Weber away from my 750 Paso and put 40mm Dellortos to Her some years ago. Fuel consumption rise to close 7l/100km, but it came much better to drive. My Dells dont have accelerator pumps, so have to learn little differet "kaasukäsi" :D They are very well tuned, but seems, that 36 or 38mm Dellortos can be better choise to bike like mine, what dont have any bigger modifications in engine to make more hps.

Some have put Mikunis, like Supersport have, but propably best choise would be Keihin flat slides. :thumbup: need only put quite lot of money to "old bike", if think prices of Pasos... "one never knows", it can be best choise, if find such Keihins cheaply. i think hard to find...

Antti