Need readable Paso wireing schematic

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Nemesis

Need readable Paso wireing schematic

Post by Nemesis »

I downloaded the shop manual off of the site but cannot read the schematic. I am trying to figure out how to wire the horn to work so I can get a safty inspection done in order to register the bike. I also have a wiring problem with the fuel gauge, it is shorted to the brake somehow. If anyone has a ledgable schematic I would be oh so greatfull.
Gwenadu

Post by Gwenadu »

If you have Magnetti ignition system, your wiring is a mix between 750 and 906. Using the two diagrams I think you will be able to repare your bike.(ground of the horn is dark blue...)
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

do you know where I could get a ledgeable schematic? I have a light blue wire and a green with black strip.The green w/ black strip is always hot with the ignition on the light blue or grey is not a ground and is not hot with the horn button depressed.I am trying to avoid tearing the harness apart but it might be my only option without a schematic. The owner before me caught the top of the engin on fire and chared some of the wiring so It is not a perfict harness to begin with.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

The horn carries three wires: two green/black on one post and one red/black on the other. One green/black goes to the front stoplight switch where it joins another green/black going to the push start switch on the right handlebar, and the other green/black from the horn goes to the green/black connector at the fuse box. The green/red from the other post on the horn goes to a connector box where it connects to a green/red going to the horn press switch on the left handle bar. The black wire from the fuel gauge also goes to that connector box where it may be shorting with the green/red from the horn.

I'm not good with electrics, but that might help you.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I only have one green/black and one light grey near the horns.there is a relay mounted on the same bracket as the horns. the green/black continues to run forward between the two forks to what I am assuming to be the brake light switch which also has a red/black going to it. It is an 87' 750 paso so it might be a little different as i see you have an 88', or maybe they are the same. If i knew how to post pictures to the sight I would do that but I assume you have to have a website and then post a link to that site.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:confused:

I'm not sure when my Paso was built, but it was first sold in 88. I would assume the wiring diagram in my Workshop Manual should apply to all Pasos fitting with Kokusan ignition, as mine is. The wiring diagram corresponds to the wiring on my bike.

It sounds like the wiring on your bike has been modified, because I don't think a relay in that position is standard.

I don't know much about computers either, I'm afraid, but with my Windows XP posting a pic in the forums is easy. You just go to your picture files list then click on 'Publish this file/folder to the web' and a wizard takes you through it.
Rodney
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

:umm: from what i can tell from looking at a few wiring diagrams
the wiring harness does not change much at all between all the 750 paso's . have you tried to check with a multimeter if you have
a voltage at the horn switch to start with , check at the connection
to the left hand side controls if you have voltage in to the controls
and then try to see if yo have voltage out of the controls. Also have you put a voltage directly across the horn to see if it works
at all.
Rodney
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Got her working it had a duel horn upgrade and the relay was no good. She sure is loud, sounds like a freight train :funny: :funny: . Thanks for everyone's input..... :thumbup: