paso brakes

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

paso brakes

Post by Mc tool »

1st off , the good news :) I sold that BMW ( ye ha !!). When I got the bm the seller gave me 2 sets of brake pads, PREMIER PH01 sintered pads. These are the right size etc but the bm had stainless disc's and the paso has cast iron ones . Does anyone know if these sintered pads are ok for use with cast iron discs
Sheeit ! I had to loose that bmw , I was starting to sit upright ,and all the strenght was going out of my wrist's( getting dangerously limp ) observing speed limits ( had trouble breaking them :D ) not leaning into corners ( crap ground clearance :shock: ) and being polite to wankers in cars as they try to kill me. All very tea and cucumber sandwiches, probly quite fitting for someone returning to motorcycling after a " bad one "( actually , I never left), but a big part of my rehabilitation was ditching that prat wheel :lol: :lol: ( it scared me shitless ......... I was starting to like it )
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: paso brakes

Post by paso750 »

Normally it`s not recommended to combine sintered pad with cast iron discs as this combination creates more heat than sintered pads w/ stainless discs. Furthermore it`s said that pads and discs will wear faster.

G.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Thanks G , I sorta figured that would be the case :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
micklm
year: 1989

Post by micklm »

Hi,

I ran sintered (HH?) pads on my 916 for a while (with cast iron full floaters). Went through pads quickly and I found the feel pretty aggressive.

Also they would rust almost solid onto the discs after it rained :)

Cheers, Mick
906 Paso 1989 w/ 17in wheels :)