oil??

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

v2block

oil??

Post by v2block »

hello paso freaks!!
which kind of engineoil you recommend ? still synthetic agip?, or is there some experience with other kind of synthetic or even mineral oils? in the moment im using shell ultra synthetic oil for cars , but i feel a bit bad about it.
steele

Post by steele »

I have just bought some 10/40w semi synthetic for my 906 i have been suffering with missed shifts when 1/4mileing with a low viscosity full syn was advised to try as paso was really designed for mineral oils.
lceriani
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by lceriani »

I use Castrol GTX3 15/40 but I am not confortable with it... too many "missing shifts" and too much oil consumption.
Any other advice/experience about it?

LC
v2block

Post by v2block »

steele, i think in my owners manual and in the repair book (750ss) they really talk about the exclusive use of agip synt oil !! maybe in our days they except shell advance synt. but i wouldn`t feel good with mineral or semi synt. thats the reasen why im asking about experience from paso owners. also i think that the temperature in a 906 engine is more konstant then in a750 aircooled engine!! paso designed for mineraoil????
tibi750

Post by tibi750 »

Hi all,

I use Castrol GP 4T 20/50 Synthetic.
PERFECT!!
:thumbup:
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by mike »

I run either Castrol GTX fossil oil or "Syntec" semi-synthetic.
The semi-synthetic seems to permit the bike to run a *tad* cooler in our hot summers.

- Mike
peter

Post by peter »

I use mobil 10/40 semisynthetic 0r Belray racing EXR 20/50 mineral oil, works perfect .
gregc

Post by gregc »

I'm using Amsoil V-Twin Synthetic 20W50.
gregc
manitoufs
year: 1986

Post by manitoufs »

Mobil 1, 15w50

George Betzhold
Scottish Woods Log Cabin Resort
Murphy, NC