trown off in slow turn!

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

hvv
model: 750 Paso
year: 1989

trown off in slow turn!

Post by hvv »

I went riding today. the weather was good and the engine was running very smooth. I had a lot of fun.

Wen I entered my street I made a lefthand U-turn at the end of the street to make a right hand turn into my front yard. At the moment I made the last turn with my body my Paso didn't and I had to jump off: My Paso slammed into the road :sad: .

I was very puzzled and didn't have a clue wat had happened. I sat on my bike and was discussing to fall with two of my neighboors (they were pretty amused! :neener: ). As I was talking to them I turned the front wheel left and right and noticed that the right hand turn didn't go the full distance. As I was looking :umm: into the gap where the fork goes down I noticed a small screw that was blocking the right turning lock. I had never had any idee this could happen and was glad it didn't in the busy traffic I was driving trough earlier that day.

We removed the screw (still got to find out where the hell it came from) and the wheel turned to the full right lock again.

So the lessing I learned and my advise to you ducatisti is to check full steering before driving off!

regards,

Hans
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by DuC-MaN »

I have the luck I have to manoeuvre my Duc a lot trying to get it out of the shed before i drive of...

I hope you don't have too much damage! :roll:
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Was it a steering lock set screw, or something else? They shouldn't back out under normal circumstances I wouldn't think.
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
hvv

Post by hvv »

I have stil no cleu were the screw came from. That bothers me a bit. About the damage: my right mirror was shattered, brake handel a bit bent and some scratches on the side panel. I repared the mirror by glueing it back together and the bike is in driving condition again. Of course it needs some repainting but that will have to wait till winter.
c-dogg

Post by c-dogg »

i had a similar thing happen to me, but it was the first time i tried to get my mortorcycle endorcement for my license! i was doing alright until the u-turn part came, and try as i might the bike just went wide. couldnt figure it out till i looked and the ignition module had slipped down and was blocking the forks?!?!?! some zip ties have done the trick, though not pretty. (in case you are wondering i went back and yes am fully endorsed now. ha!) look at your ignition, it might be one of the two screws, thoguh i dont know how or why mine both came loose. how do i go about replacing those...? are they generic screws or spec? dont have at least one to compare.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso

Post by redpaso »

I had my ignition screws fall out as well, forunately not with disasterous results. they were easily replaced (I still had one to match it with) Not sure why they suddenly came loose either. :confused:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
hvv

Post by hvv »

Ignition screws? I have to look if they are still in place. Thanks now I have got something to investigate instead of gazing at things and not knowing where to start.

Did the ignition come loos or what?

Hans
hvv

Post by hvv »

Good gess Redpaso!

It was indead a ignitionscrew. I put it back in and went driving. This was really a great tip.

Thanks!
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso

Post by redpaso »

Good to know you got it sorted, fortunately I noticed mine was loose because the ignition block was rattling around & sitting really low ( I had lost one completely & the second was half way down) & did not have an incident like you.

:thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"