Naked Paso?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

I have heard that dzus fasteners will, over time, damage the fiberglass due to the stresses of movement.

It is absolutely correct that most WellNut failures are due to overtightening.

One of the best things I ever did to my bike was to replace all of the wellnuts. Makes fairing on/off much easier.

THAT SAID:

There have been some naked pasos built. Clinton Kendall resurrected a paso from a ditch with this naked result:

and there's at least 1-2 more that have transplanted tailsections.

Personally, I like naked bikes. The problem with the Paso is that the quality of the frame's finish is quite bad (shoddy welds, lame black paint) and if you WERE to build a naked Paso, it would take many hours to finish it up to a standard where it would be presentable. I think that the Paso running gear and frame could be used to build a number of really neat naked bikes, if someone was willing to put the correct amount of time/money into the project.

Discuss. :D
pompone
year: 0

Post by pompone »

This naked Paso is horrible. The bike seems in good conditions, why doesn,t he buy the rest of fairings? To make a naked Paso, I think the bigger problem is the tank because its shape need to conect with the fairings. One solution is to find another tank, i think.
70 hp. can change the world
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by DuC-MaN »

Here some Belgian guy...

I believe I read that he was much more satisfied with the handling of the bike, I can imagine that, but about the looks... :umm:
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
pompone
year: 0

Post by pompone »

This bike seems more beautiful than red one. At first sight I thought it was a Monster :thumbup:
70 hp. can change the world