new paso (to me...) stalling..

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

nyabinghi

new paso (to me...) stalling..

Post by nyabinghi »

i just picked up a 750 paso, it has mikuni flatslides in it, it also has a fuel filter/fuel pump setup.
it stalls after a few minutes, or after coming off acceleration. i'm assuming it's starving for fuel. can i eliminate fuel pump/filter, and just run gravity feed?
it also appears carbs aren't sync'ed.

always wanted a paso, neat bike, but as i am quickly learning, all that bodywork is a pain.
nyabinghi

Post by nyabinghi »

i also noticed, there is no line to the fuel tank return - if not hooked up, in a fuel pump configuration, won't it just flood, or will it put a heck of a lot of undue strain on the pump?
nyabinghi

Post by nyabinghi »

welp, swapped plugs out, and opened up fuel valve at bottom of tank more, and it ran fine for my 15 mile test ride....wouldn't it be nice if that was the only dilemna..
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Isn't it just so much fun getting to know a new toy. I am sure it will not be your only dilema. I hope it is but as you will discover the Paso is an idyiosyncratic beast that likes to have you fiddling with it & it is all worth it as the grin from pointing a Paso through your favourite set of twisties is only matched by the grin you get from the attention that they command. Even when surrounded by other exotics, people will want to ask you about your Paso so it is always good to have stories to tell of how you have worked/sorted/restored your treasured beast.

Enjoy the bike & keep comming back to the site for all the info & insight that other members have gathered. You are not likely to encounter something that somebody has not experienced before.

:thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Re: new paso (to me...) stalling..

Post by jcslocum »

nyabinghi wrote:i just picked up a 750 paso, it has mikuni flatslides in it, it also has a fuel filter/fuel pump setup.
it stalls after a few minutes, or after coming off acceleration. i'm assuming it's starving for fuel. can i eliminate fuel pump/filter, and just run gravity feed?
it also appears carbs aren't sync'ed.

always wanted a paso, neat bike, but as i am quickly learning, all that bodywork is a pain.
You shouldn't need a fuel pump. My Paso has Dellorto's and is gravity fed without any problems. Sync the carbs, that will really help.