Instrument mounts

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

devildad

Instrument mounts

Post by devildad »

The tiny rubber mounts on the instrument panel have come off the pannel. I have tried epoxy and rubber cement, both falled, anyt thougthts?
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Its normal, that they go broken after 17 years, or so. Take one with You to VERY good rubber parts shop and if its good shop, You will find them there! I make that here in Finland and i managed to find them here. :thumbup:

Finnpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Superglue (I think it was a Loctite one) worked for me.
jfiore
year: 0

Instrument Panel Mounts

Post by jfiore »

Try the following website: http://www.mcmaster.com. It's the web site for McMaster-Carr, distributors of a variety of hardware and equipment, who will sell to individuals directly.

The item you want is Part Number 9376K112. It is a Vibration Damping Mount, with metric threads M4x0.7, 1/2" tall by 5/8" in diameter, at $1.66 each. They are just a little larger than the originals, but they work just fine. There are also the same item in a slightly smaller size, 3/8" x 3/8", with the same thread, if you prefer. I didn't write down the part number, but you will see it on the web catalog page just above the part number I provided.

McMaster also carries well-nuts, which I also bought from them, but unfortunately they don't carry metric threaded ones. I just replaced all of the standard metric well-nuts with English threaded ones, and replaced all of the mating screws to match.
Paul
year: 1987

Post by Paul »

Excellent information Jfiore. :thumbup:

Contacts, part numbers, suggestions and general information like this is what makes this site so good. Even if you don't need it now, you can always look back and find it when you do.

Do you guys think it is worth having a section / forum for known fixes / replacement parts ? If so, we could suggest it to Mike. We could nominate someone who regularly uses the site to extract the information from the forums and place it in this area, then we would have all the parts and fixes information in one place.

Just a thought (I'm not trying to make more work for you Mike...)

Paul
Rodney
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

Also you can get some rubber grommets and put a screw through them and screw it directly to the mount , this was the way mine was done before i replaced the instruments with new ones.

Rodney
Ducati ST2 2002 , Ducati 696 2010 , Ducati Pantah 1983 (in progress )
Martian

Post by Martian »

I agree with Paul - this site is certainly a wealth of information and these particular postings answer one of the first questions raised during the initial 'strip down' of my new arrival.

I wondered why the clock cluster just pulled out of the recess without much of a struggle! I later noted the little rubber pads still firmly attached to their respective mounting points and with evidence of some form of glue on the clock cluster facing side!

Could anybody inform me if the black foam rubber 'frame' is the original design fitment as the clocks are just a snug fit within the foam, (obviously fixed to the sub frame via the threaded rubber mounts that should be bonded to the cluster of course)!?

I will be taking the cluster apart, (at some point in the future), to clean and rennovate it, (replace lamps, etc), and to check/repair the Paso's infamous clock!

I will be compiling a list of all of my experiences, (good and bad), on my web site and I would hope that, (despite a definite lack of mechanical engineering experience), my electronic skills will provide some support for other members of the group as I continue my project.

I just hope that the final chapter doesn't see us both winding our way towards the local scrap yard!
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Yep, the rubber is an orginal design fitment, which works well - thanks to Cagiva, once again.
devildad

Post by devildad »

Thanks guys, this is fantastic. Just got the bike on the road and I am very pleased with ride. I think it would be great to have a page dedicated to parts.