Front tyre

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Johan_Oden

Front tyre

Post by Johan_Oden »

Im about to change my front tyre on the bike. I have the original michelin tyre now, but the seller had a sugenstion that a Pirelli Sport Demon 120/80/16 would fit just perfect. Anyone have any thoughts if thats a good idee? Is it better than the michelin? :confused:

/Johan
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

I'm guessing a 120/80 section tire is going to be a little skinnier, and possibly a little taller. (Stock size is 130/60, correct?) It'll probably quicken up your turn-in and be a little more prone to square off if you do more super-slab than not. Then again ... the Sport Demon sounds a little stickier than the A59 sport-tour, so it might encourage you to hit the twisties more often than not, too. ;)

I haven't tried an alternative size or manufacturer on my Paso, so I can't say from experience ... but if you give it a shot, please let us know! :)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

I guess noone has tried this size yet. In Germany the only front tire officially allowed in combination with the M59X rear is a 130/70-60 Macadam 90X. Probably this info is so old that type doesn`t exist anymore, I don`t know :)

Gerhard
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

My Ducati friend have "tested" some 120/80 V 16" tires, like Bridgestone, so ill try also next something else, than Michelin in front. There should be Pirelli Sport Demon, Mezeler Lasertec at least.... We have here in Finland high prices, but we dont have yet such "rules", like G have in Germany, so sometimes life is better in north :D

Finnpaso
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

it`s true, rules are strict. But I can be sure that things that are officially approved were well tested by engineers of the technical institution. However it`s also possible to have things approved, but of course they make you pay as they will first take a first good look before approving it. That sucks sometimes :thumbdown: