907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Battery Isolator Switch.

Post by 907pasonut »

as a safety precaution I've installed a battery isolator switch on the 907
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280890092658?it ... 60&vxp=mtr
instead of isolating the +ve main wire(s) I thought it would be easier to isolate the -ve earth from battery to frame.
I had a piece of copper electrical conductor and bolted one side of the switch inside the channel, this grabbed the switch boby firmly, than bolted this copper conductor to the top L/H frame/radiator bracket bolt and also to one of the frame bolts with the aid of a small steel bracket, this made the whole thing very sturdy and together with a extra earth cable made a good ground connection,
painted the bracket black and then connected a 10mm black cable from switch to battery which measured 900mm in length.

this was the best place I could find to install the switch, no new holes were drilled and this can be easily reversed to original if need to, the switch is easily reched, not easily noticed unless you know its there, does not vibrate and key is firmly locked on the ON position and can only be removed on the OFF position and the bonus is, no more battery drain when bike sits in the garage :thumbup:
Cheers Claude.

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress
Rogero

Re: Battery Isolator Switch.

Post by Rogero »

Bob is your uncle!

Nice one Claude..
Rogero
1992 "Red" 907 I.E.
2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDBI (Street Bob)
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Yeah Claude , that looks quite nifty , and the bike is real clean and tidy lookin too ! do you actually ride it :-P :lol: :lol:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by 907pasonut »

thanks guys...took me a few hours to find a good spot for the switch, I'm happy with the end product :thumbup:

the bike has been off the road for at least two years...once things settle down I'll be keen to get it back on the road again...sometimes late Oct early Nov, I hope :beer:
Cheers Claude.

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress