Scilentiums finally got a break.

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

PasoPaul

Scilentiums finally got a break.

Post by PasoPaul »

Having had my paso 750-1988, about 1 year, I replaced the "Scilentiums" with some carbon pipes. Mighty sound finally escaped from the pipes. [/img]
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Not so bad for first message! :thumbup:

Antti
colebjs

Post by colebjs »

i recently bought a 88' 750, what kinds of pipes work on the 750?
where can i get them?

colebjs
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Whatever pipes You "managed" to find, remember "rejetting" Your carburators to mach with open exhaust !!! If open pipes, then ALSO richer fuel/air mixture, or Your exhaust valves can burn! :thumbup:

Open Contis are best ever sounding pipes i have heard in Pasos! I have 7 different pair of pipes to my 750Paso and 907, and Contis are best :D

Antti
Last edited by Finnpaso on Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PasoPaul

kind of pipes

Post by PasoPaul »

I actually modified an exhaust system from a Honda 800 twin, with chrome tubes. The carbon is of manufacture "BSM" vampire. Should have been a kind of spagetti twist on the make, but budgets budgets.. The funny part was that I managed to make the "bends" from the pipes of the Honda system, without any bending. Only welding. And the pipe dimension was perfect.
LionelBurns

Post by LionelBurns »

Gownoch's Australia have Contis to suit 750paso's
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

I bought one pair of Contis from there, but its very expensive to transport and pay tolls from those goodies, so You Australian guys, use Your opportunity to buy those quite cheaply from that company! They are very rare exhaust systems and best ever made to Ducati, if we are talking about sounds. Check inside Conti and You understand, what i mean :D I have about 7 different pair of Exhaust systems to my Pasos, but NOTHING another, what is close to Conti's and i mean just those CHROMED ones, not later Alu/Stainless ones

Antti
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Hey Finn! Have you heard of these? I have a set, and they're fantastic. Go here: http://www.yellow.co.nz/site/motorcycle ... orsts.html and click on the link.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Skins, I havent heard those, but those look great :thumbup: I love that polished stainless, or cromed surface, like also Staintunes have. Clear surface fits perfect to Paso!!! Those Yours look very close same, as mine Cio.ca.Moto stainless ones, what i "repacked" and put new polished stainless outside tubes to them. How about prices, cause didnt find prices from they sites??? Little curious here! Anyway i have noticed, that in Australia and that part of world, plenty of allkind good stuff for sale to older Ducatis.... That have been big market area to Ducati earlier days.

Antti
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

They're made of 316 grade stainless, very strong, with a lovely sound which you can adjust with a screw on the top. The last time one of our members enquired with the maker, about six months ago, the price was similar to other top-quality cans, including shipping to the US.