Stolen Paso! kind of

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

c-dogg

Stolen Paso! kind of

Post by c-dogg »

so i left my apparment at around 9:00 last night. There was my Paso, as it usually was, under my reserved covered parking spot, protected by gates all around the complex. i got home at 1:30 and expected to see my little girl parked as usual, but i did a double take. she was gone. i searched the whole complex to see if it was a joke. no such luck. so i called the cops and waited an hour and a half to give a report.

this morning i got up at 6 to go take a chinese test at school. had to take the bus of course. and had to take it home. but when i was walking home from the stop i looked down an alley, and low and behold there was a red ducati sitting daintily in the middle of that dirt road for the whole world to see. i still thought it was a joke, albeit one that i was going to castrate the jokester for. but when i got to it i was dissapointed again. the ignition solenoid was completely removed. i looked all over for it but they just took it. a nice "F-U" for the bike being so hard to steal. also, they drilled out the cam lock for the seat, but all that managed to do was jam it shut.

the cops came back out and took pictures and finger prints. i pushed it back to my complex in the lovely arizona heat. im sure ill never find the jerk who tryed this. my guess? the guy wheeled it out the pedestrian gate that happens to be broken. couldn't figure out the wonderful eccentricities of the Paso ignition system (you all know what im talking about), not to mention i dont think the battery was up to snuff. and thankfully he left it on its stand rather than chucking it over out of frustration.

so now i have my junk locked in the seat and no ignition. i dont know what im going to do. i dont think i have the money or the time to take another whack at this thing. im considering selling it, so if anybody on here would like info just message me. looks like im going to be riding the bus for a while
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:sad:

Hard luck, c-dogg. Don't worry, you can fix it. Just let it rest for a while. You can fix it.

I had a little braking problem night before last, and hit a wall in my driveway. Scraped the fairing, and knocked off the left front signal/mirror pod. Cracks all over it (it's in about four pieces but still holding together) but didn't break the mirror, so maybe I'll have no more bad luck (I had knocked over the Honda just ten minutes before).
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

You can wire in a hidden toggle switch for the ignition. I'b be willing to make up a wiring diagram for you and the switch can be had for a couple of bucks from Radio Shack. All I need is a picture of the wiring harness where they took the switch from so that we can see the damage. Ignition switches come up on ebay once in a while.

I'll take my seat off and see how it could come off if you don't have the key.

Don't give up. At least you got the Paso back without huge damage!
BikerBard

Post by BikerBard »

I keep a big Kryptonite lock on the front wheel so she can't be pushed anywhere.
Donna G

'12 Moto Guzzi V7Racer
'04 Vstar 1100
'88 Paso 750 (blue)
'74 BWW R90/6
'71 BSA
'62 Triumph T100C
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

Tough break, c-dogg

Don't give up on her just yet. Take your time and she will reward you. At least for now you can still look at it.

Regards, B
c-dogg

Post by c-dogg »

yes the paso is dow definitely locked and chained to the parking structure. as far as the ignition goes jc they simply disconnected it from the male/female connection on the harness. no wire damage as far as i can tell. i have your ignition rewire already on the bike and i definitely would not mind wiring up another slocum concoction if it gets her running. thanks.

should i just try and drill out the entire lock on the back of the seat?i just dont know what the consequences of the cam sysytem would be, as it is jammed already. thanks for your help guys
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

I'll take the tail off tomorrow and look at the wiring diagram too. Don't despair!!
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

It looks like all you have to do is pull the tailight off to get at the screws holding the lock. There are 4 screws holding the grab handle that you could also remove to pull the complete tail assembly off.

It's good that you have already modified the wiring. I'll make a wiring diagram for you to use to wire in a toggle switch for the ignition. I need to figure out the headlights too. I should have an answer by tomorrow night.
c-dogg

Post by c-dogg »

thanks for the help jc.
motiztab

Post by motiztab »

c-dogg

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Hang in there time dulls the pain!

Looks like JC is looking out for you.