newbie w/a 750, lots of questions

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

c-dogg

Post by c-dogg »

Chilly bill strikes again. after about 2 days wrestling with a stubborn new fuel pump the bike is working very good. before, when i got down to about 2 gal left in the tank the biker would start sputtering when i let off the gas and sometimes just die at lights. apperently the fuel pump switch has solved that. i can feel the bike running stronger, with more response on the throttle, especially after warming up (this is usual yeah? i bought mine in the summer in arizona so it has never had to "warm up" till now). i think i need to do some carb tuning as itll usually backfire once at start up. apparently the new pump works too well. re-bled the clutch and its working fine too.
thanks for all your help guys. i certainly know who to turn to when i have a problem.
ride on.
pfree

Post by pfree »

Giday Guys
I bet your clutch problem is more to do with the mechanics of it and not the hydraulics. Pull your clutch plates apart and inspect them for wear with the outer drum, and make sure they are all in the right order. Assembling the plates in the wrong order will make the clutch drag and hard to shift into neutral, I know that from personal experience. Try using a pressure bleeder to bleed the brakes and clutch, it works a treat.