900SS brakes onto a 906

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

I think that little drawing has tons of character. Are there other drawings of that guy (is it Joe Bar?) on his Paso?

PS: I smacked up one of my turn signal mirror pods the other day, but the lamp holder and mirror holder are both still in one piece!
ved
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by ved »

i`ve mount a brembo 3,5x17 with the 320 disk and the new p4 (65mm)

if details are wanted, send a pm

ved
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

we all want details !

Skins, that`s the only one I`ve found, but there are others with an old 900SS etc. Check out the web, you`ll find all kind of infos and picturs.
ved
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by ved »

well, i don´t have a hp. the dokumentation is only in german and i´m to lazy to translate it but i will send the info to your email
Gwenadu

Post by Gwenadu »

Skins wrote::cool:

I think that little drawing has tons of character. Are there other drawings of that guy (is it Joe Bar?) on his Paso?
Hi Skins! Joe Bar Team shows french bikers life like "the dog" of Murray Ball shows farmers life : :funny:

PS: I smacked up one of my turn signal mirror pods the other day, but the lamp holder and mirror holder are both still in one piece!
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Hey! You know Murray Ball's work, Gwenadu? That's great! I just had a quick look on the web at Joe Bar Team. Very nice, very amusing! I'll have another look again later, when I've got more time. Thanks.
Hobbis

Post by Hobbis »

OK, I've got a first draft of a bracket. Its based on the one that Anders was kind enough to share, but modified to allow for 65mm mounting holes and a 320mm disc. Anders when I studied your design I realised that you’d probably cut it by hand. I might go that route too, but first off I’m going to try and find a machine shop that will quote. I’ve spoken to a couple, but as you can image, producing 2 off itsy bitsy brackets isn’t high on any one else’s to do list.

The Brembo diagrams leave space for some draftsman’s licence, as they don’t specify the distance from the wheel centre to the mounting holes :confused: . I’ve made a couple of guestimates – so the dimensions might well be a little off. If anyone would like to review the drawing and give me feedback then I can email the diagrams too them. Ved your feedback would be particularly welcome here, as it looks as though you have pioneered particular set up that I'm aiming for.

At some point I’ll locate a metal miller and cross their palm with enough silver to make it worth their while to make a couple these brackets. That will confirm the dimensions in which case I’ll post the resulting diagram / pics. Or perhaps prove that I didn’t get it right – which will lead to an extended sulk
:oops:
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

"they don’t specify the distance from the wheel centre to the mounting holes"
Do you mean from the wheel axle ? If so I would excpect that following the outline (320max) to the point where the first vertical line touches it (in the middle of the 2 pistons) and going down 160mm from this point would bring me to the wheel/brake disc center. Corret me if I`m wrong.
Hobbis

Post by Hobbis »

Hi Gerhard,

Yes the location of the point that you refer to is 160mm from the wheel centre, but the diagram doesn't give the distance of that point to the mounting holes. So that is where the draftsman's licence cpomes into play. I'm happy to be proven wrong though!

I've sent you a diagram via email.

Cheers,
James
ansim

Post by ansim »

Hello Hobbis

Quite right, the bits are manually made.

To get distance between the caliper and disc, I placed a 2mm wire inside the caliper "on top" of the brakepads and then aligned the caliper to the disc.

I had made a set of working-adapters and a thin plastic piece, from a icecream box, and marked on the plastic where the mounting holes should be.

//Anders
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

James,

zoom in the picture and the print it out.
Measure the distance that`s indicated as 17.5 in the picture and note the actual value in your printout. Call it "A". Then measure the distance you`re looking for from the 320 line to the horizontal line of the upper brake mount (depending if you want the distance to the mounting hole center or just the outside of the mounting hole). Call it "B".

Then it`s just 17,5/A x B = x

G.