little modification for better staring and cranking power

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Max
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

little modification for better staring and cranking power

Post by Max »

I did this modification to improve the starting power by adding a bosch relay to disconect the headlight at cranking cycle. I used the start switch on the right side handle bar to energize the relay then ran the ground (-) side of the headlight wire true the normally closed side of the relay. Now whenever I push the start switch the headlight turns off. This way I am left with the maximum voltage available at the starter motor.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Clever, I might try this one myself :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
ducster

Post by ducster »

Tricky, of course. :cool:

Maybe i'll remind this when i'm going to change the headlight wiring stuff (placing relays). :confused:

Max, here you can find some interesting articles just to increase power to the ignition coils, too! That helps really a lot, i've done it to my 906! :thumbup:

http://www.geocities.com/davidhooau/pas ... _mods.html

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Fact ... ition.html

greets,
ducster
Rodney
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

:cool: GM Holden use a two way relay to disconnect the A/C on start up the same way as your doing with the headlights. i changed the headlight wiring for bigger cables from the battery via fuses and just use the handlegrip controls to operate relays, this seems too make the headlight a fair bit brighter as well .
Ducati ST2 2002 , Ducati 696 2010 , Ducati Pantah 1983 (in progress )
Max
year: 1988

Post by Max »

That is even better. You can make such relay combination with two bosch relays. In U.S. it is illegal to have on/off switch for the headlights and they must turn on with your ignition switch on. I noticed that my headlight is a little dim so I will do what you said. :thumbup: