Problem with fuse keep blowing on my Paso

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Max
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Problem with fuse keep blowing on my Paso

Post by Max »

I have to tell this to every Paso owner. My bike's fuse(the one that is 7.5 amps) was blowing every once in a while and could not find the problem. :mad: I did all the modication as far as adding relays, cleanning the contacts and ground but the broblem was comming back and did not stay to trouble shoot. Finally the problem came back as I was riding the bike this weekend and I had to tow the bike back home. The problem was with the turn signal's bulb socket. The plate that supplies the ground to the light bulb was bushed back so close to the (+) contact to the bulb. I checked the other sockets and all of them exept one had the same problem. That problem applies to all of the light bulb sockets on this bike. This problem usually hapbens when you change the light bulb. You have to make sure the the side contact does not slide back as you push the bulb in the socket.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Max,

Glad to hear you got it sorted out!
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Exactly same happened to me with 907, when i started to mid Europe journey with her. I changed bulp just, before i start and blown fuse always, when put turn signal to right :sad: I was hurry, so i drive without using turn signal to ferry and managed to find problem at car deck.... Then to bar and SOME beers :lick: and try to forget all that shit :D Better do all maintain jobs ENOUGH early, before journey :thumbup:

Antti