Abba stand, will it work on a Paso?

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Guy
model: 906 Paso
year: 1988

Abba stand, will it work on a Paso?

Post by Guy »

Hi, I have just bought a Paso, :) but not picked it up yet, or seen it! :shock: Could anyone tell me if an Abba stand can be used on a Paso. It apparently started life as a 750, but now has a 906 engine. I will be picking it up in a van and need a way of straping it down. Any advice is welcome. :?
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso

Re: Abba stand, will it work on a Paso?

Post by ducapaso »

I'd like to see lot of pics about such bike.
750 engine is air cooled and 906 is water cooled. Switching means adding cooler, different oil cooling, different electrical and so on.
After this we'll be able to tell you about periodical maintenance, timing belts, tyres, carbureteur tuning, shock, eletrical troubleshooting
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by englishstiv »

If you take the two rear side panels off you should be able to locate the stand lugs into the bike frame. It will give you access to all the rear framework too for strapping down nice and tight. I would be careful strapping down over the bodywork generally as it can hairline crack quite easily if put under strain that way. Will be nice to see some pictures.

Did see a 906 that was dressed up with a 907 engine and injectors a while back with wheel and tire alterations also, always anything is feasible if you put your mind to it.
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Guy
model: 906 Paso

Post by Guy »

Thanks for replies, I'm looking forward to seeing it to :)
Could you tell me what size holes are in the frame, so I can make sure I have the right size lugs for the Abba stand.
900streetfighter
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by 900streetfighter »

I fabricate abba adapters from old sockets. Spark pplug sockets are a good start. Lead solder spigots into them and file down OD in pillar drill to fit stand adaptor.