Generic Paso Battery (a-la Pep Boys!) Spec

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

holjim

Generic Paso Battery (a-la Pep Boys!) Spec

Post by holjim »

Howdy

I was hoping to save some time and money by grabbing a new battery for my Paso at Pep Boys and unfortunately, their little guide book only gives info on the big japanese bikes -- not any of our Italian counterparts.

Yes, I could just walk my battery into the store but if any kind folks know off hand which one I should look for in there, I'd totally appreciate it!

Jim
jpring

Post by jpring »

The battery is a YB14L-A2. I would highly recommend a Yuasa battery if you budget allows. Available from most cycle suppliers and shops. :thumbup:
holjim

Excellent!

Post by holjim »

Thanks so much!

Jim
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

Hi, holjim

I have a Deka AGM battery in my 907. It isn't that much more than a standard lead-acid battery and there's no maintenance. I think the 750 Paso number is ETX15L. I found that the Yuasa batteries have a black shell that make it impossible to see the fluid level.

Regards, B
DesmoDog

Post by DesmoDog »

KillerB wrote:I have a Deka AGM battery in my 907. It isn't that much more than a standard lead-acid battery and there's no maintenance.
If the 750 takes the same battery as the 907, then you can also get one at your local H-D dealership. I got an AGM battery there and it wasn't all that expensive. It's the same battery as some of the Big Twins. '90s Softail maybe? I forget...

Before anyone gets on me about buying "generic" parts from a Harley dealer, let me say the people there have a been a LOT more helpful than the guys at the local sportbike shop. Harley guys will look at the old part, check some parts books, talk to each other about what will fit, basically spend the time to try to solve the problem. The Sportbike guys look in a Tucker Rocky catalog. If your application isn't listed, game over.
-Craig
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

I too use a DEKA AGM in my Paso. Works well. Holds a charge. Cranks when I push the button. What more can you ask of a battery...
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

The 750 Paso battery is different than the 907. The 907 uses an ETX16 Deka battery.

Regards, B
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

"big case" 906 and 907 have totally different batteries, than 750 Paso !!!

Finnpaso