Leaking Clutch Fluid ???

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

naster

Leaking Clutch Fluid ???

Post by naster »

Can someone help please? :sad: My Paso has lost all pressure on the clutch lever. I can press the lever and it will not push those clutch plates. It just feels really lose. There's no problem with the master cylinder as I had it overhauled and tested and it seems to pump fine. Have checked the hydraulic cable and that does'nt seem to have any leaks. Finally, have blead the air release nut to allow any air out. :confused:

I can only think that there's a problem with the slave slave cylinder (i.e the one attatched to the clutch cover).

It did seem to make a horrible creaking and screeching noise each time I pressed the clutch, but me being silly kept on riding for at least another 2000 miles (as it allways made a small noise).

I am hoping that I might have to change the rubber seal on the slave cylinder rather then the whole cylinder. Has anyone else had this problem, if so, where can I get my hands on this simple part?

Cheers guyz and girls? :thumbup:
BikerBard
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by BikerBard »

Has anyone else had this problem, if so, where can I get my hands on this simple part?
Had the same problem. I got the part from my Ducati dealer and it was a pretty simple install. Bleeding it on the other hand almost drove me insane. I finally found out that I had to bleed it from the master cylinder banjo fitting because all the air had travelled up the line. Works great now :)

Donna
Donna G

'12 Moto Guzzi V7Racer
'04 Vstar 1100
'88 Paso 750 (blue)
'74 BWW R90/6
'71 BSA
'62 Triumph T100C
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Check the 750 Tech FAQ:

http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewtopic. ... opic&t=705

Scroll down to the clutch info.
Rodney
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

also check the pressure plate as you may still have the three little ball bearings and cup that the slave presses up against . ducati dont make them anymore they have a different pressure plate with no moving parts on them as the slave has a rotating centre which the pressure plate runs against check that this has not siezed. you may have to replace it as well as the pressure plate. i had do do both and the clutch plates just after i purchased my bike be careful with the clutch basket bolts they can strip very easily.

good luck

Rodney
Ducati ST2 2002 , Ducati 696 2010 , Ducati Pantah 1983 (in progress )