Advice needed

discussions specific to the 907IE
Rogero
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

"My fairing is also easy to remove as I have changed all of the misserable well nuts with Dzus buttons. All of the bodywork can be removed and reinstalled in a minute or two."

This interests me, I'm sick of taking everything off every time I want to top up the oil etc, and the allen headed originals are wearing out to!

Has anybody else gone for this type of option?
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

I am just looking those Dzus fasteners to my ST4S, cause she have much more complicated fairing system, than 907 have and there are plenty of M5 & M4 wellnuts in ST4S. Who owns those fasteners in they bikes, are very happy with them! But they are NOT cheap things!

Btw, all Paso mirrors are fitted to fairings by some M5 bolts/nuts, but original mirrors have that "pop off" mechanism inside mirror and later "Cagiva Frecchia" Ducati mirror DONT have such mechanism. If You guys have "later modell Frecchia"mirrors, they are not so old and fitted to Your bike only some times ago, cause these days can find only those later mirrors from Ducati dealer
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

It's so!
10 years ago, when I had a 906, already there were difficulty to find the original Paso "pop off" mirrors.
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Rogero,

I have been very happy with the dzus fasters replacing the well nuts. The button style dzus fasteners are almost identical in size as the original bolt heads. The look of the bike is not changed other than the button heads are aluminum and not black. Since the holes for the bolts were big enough, there was no modification needed to the body panels, only to the underside where the springs mount. The bike can be brought back to stock eaisly if you ever wanted. As mentioned in a previous posting, they are not cheap. I believe it cost me a little over $100 for the fasteners and the springs. They are cheaper through aircraft supply houses than race shops. If you measure carefully and get the correct length springs and fasteners, they fit very well and I no longer dread taking off my body work. I have had them on for over a year and have had absolutely no problems with them.

Steve
Rogero

Post by Rogero »

Thanks SteveB and others, I'll give these things a try sounds like they work well. You don't mind spending the cash if you get what you want! :thumbup:

I'll let you know how I get on!