discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

randtcastell
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Recommended brake pads for Paso front calipers

Post by randtcastell »

Gentlemen:

Greetings and good riding to you all. Thanks for your kindness and community spirit as so much is shared here. :-)

I am replacing my Paos's front brake pads. As I look at choices from several venders, I start to feel unsure about which brand and which compound to choose. I am cheap, but price is not the first priority. I suppose I want performance and value just as everyone does.

Please correct me if my assumption is incorrect: I can use any pad to fit a F08 or P108 caliper. Thank you!

Do y'all have any recommendations regarding the item? I am considering a local Ducati shop (Brembo Standard ceramic/carbon) or Bevel-Heaven (EBC Organic compound, Ferrodo Platinum, Galfer Sintered). Going rate is about US$30./pair

Thank you so much for the bandwidth and for your time and attention.

Be Best :-)
1987 Ducati P750
1973 Honda CB450
2022 KTM RC390
randtcastell

Re: Recommended brake pads for Paso front calipers

Post by randtcastell »

These seem irresistible for the price ($US 14. for pads for Left+Right front):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Ceramic- ... 4902.l9144
1987 Ducati P750
1973 Honda CB450
2022 KTM RC390
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: Recommended brake pads for Paso front calipers

Post by paso750 »

I guess the question about brake pads is a bit like the one about which oil to use. There are many options and the differences are small.
Sintered pads are for stainless steel discs. You can use them on cast iron discs and they work better but they will wear the discs quicker. Maybe not a real concern for someone who rides only occasionally. In your case I would not get sintered pads because you have Marvic rims and I know what the brake rotors for those rims cost.
I would get organic pads from a known brand not some ebay no-name stuff. Afterall your life can depend on it.