tank bag purchase

discussions specific to the 907IE

tank bag purchase

Post by 1564 »

:roll: looking for new tank bag...what brand is the cool set up, will be used as a sport tour short trips, will use bmw k1200gt for longer over night trips...any purchase site information
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Cool setup? Bagster tank protector(they make it for Paso) added with 2 different (can be connected to each others,or use separately) size tankbags :lick: Surely all red :thumbup:

http://www.bagster.com/en/
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

tank bag

Post by 1564 »

:thumbup: :thumbup: thanks for bagster information...i looked around the garage and sitting on top of my bmw k1200gt is my factory bmw tank bag, i put it on my ducati...it works great...now i will take saving on tank bag purchase and use it towards renewing my leaking gas tank...sometimes in life your lucky, but sometimes you need to look around the garage for answer...if you need a tank bag and have a k1200gt you my consider this option
gamecock

Post by gamecock »

I just got a 16 liter tankbag from RKA. Ask for the mounting system for the BMW K1200S. It works best with our 907ie.

http://www.rka-luggage.com/pages/14gall ... 1200S.html
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I use the gearsack tank Bag that I bought for my K100RS. It is not magnetic but the straps are very easy to install, just loop under frame & front & under tank mount at rear. A bit of that grippy rubber stuff underneath. works a treat :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"

Post by 1564 »

:thumbup: :thumbup: thanks to gamecock for the infor. on rka tank bags, i purchased the 16 liter 3 point super sport ss3b bag with straps for bmw k1200s.system is a 5min. instal and the bag looks great and very nice quality. great custmer service,spoke with owner richard battle...never had service like that..highly recommend product and company, see gamecock post for site information
DesmoDog
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by DesmoDog »

RKA also used to make a tail bag for the Paso that worked great. One more thing I shoul dtake pictures of... Anyway, I wonder if they have the patterns and could still make one? I always wished mine was black, but I needed it in a hurry and all they had in stock was red...
-Craig
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

I have the Sport Bag (? - I think that's it) from Joe Rocket. It's a two-parter, which is nice. The lower portion which mounts to the tank has a steering head strap, along with 6-8 2.5" dia magnets behind a protective cloth which hold it to the tank. The lower unit is about 2-3" tall and has a clear map pocket on top. I can usually fit enough stuff for a day trip easily. Plus there are two solid D-ring tie downs on either side. The upper portion adds quite a bit of storage, along with a clear map pocket and another internal zip pocket. Without the upper portion, you hardly know its there; with the upper portion mounted, it's great for leaning against on long rides. When it's full, it comes to just about the top of the windscreen, but you can still read the gauges ...

Info here
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750