Help for GIVI wingrack

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Marinus

Post by Marinus »

Hi Francesco & everybody,

I would like to look into putting a GIVI wingrack for 2 side panniers on my Paso 750. I have looked at the Givi site and it is rather limited beyond current model Ducati’s.
What sort of pannier or luggage systems do people have? Dose anyone have a Givi system in place. Here in NZ the packrack is rather popular but I have had these on other bikes and it’s putting a lot of weight high and far back. It is a cheap option but not the best place to carry the weight; I will do this if I can’t find a better option. Can you use soft luggage when 2 up? Dose it scratch the paint? Dose it burn on the exhaust?
Some other peoples solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks Marinus
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi!

First i tried soft luggages, but those started to grind clearcoat away,so i didnt use them since. My 907 came to me with Krauser(Germany) hard luggages and they work well(side panels are painted by Ducati red). I think, nowbody can find Krausers anymore. Then i bought also Bagster tank protector and 2 red bags, what can connected to protector... Happy since! :laugh:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Hi Marinus,
I was looking for a panniers rack.
I asked to GIVI, but they told me that they build nothing more for Paso and that it could mount a generic rack (GIVI Monorack F1000), but they didn't assure the fitness.
Then I've bought a GIVI soft luggage, but it's made some scratch and I was worrying these could touch the exhaust, so at last, I've found on Internet and bought a used GIVI Wingrack.
Ciao.
Francesco
Marinus

Post by Marinus »

Thanks Francesco
Is the rack that you have an E141? And do you have it on yet? I I get one of these I will need to design a fitting kit myself.

http://www.givi.it/caschi_borse_bauli_a ... p?CO_ID=64

Thanks Marinus[/img]
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Hi Marinus,
my rack is very different from this "modern" GIVI products.
If you let me your mail, also on pm, I will send the pics to you.
Ciao.
Francesco
motiztab

Post by motiztab »

When I got my Paso it came with one of those racks fitted. Still got it, complete with brackets.
If anybody is interested i'll dig it out and work out the brackets. Its only for the top box no side box's.