Headlamp

discussions specific to the 907IE
bill_daf

Headlamp

Post by bill_daf »

Hi guys, I have noticed in the gallery the front view of 907ie seems to have one rectangular headlamp my 93 vintage has two round lamps behind a rectangular glass both come on in dip and main.
Question for you experts is this standard or have I got a modified headlamp :confused: .
Regards Bill

[/img]
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

definately modified. The originals were not very good, particularily on the 750/906. I think the 907 did differ from these though. There are options, apparently the mid '80's FZ750 Yamaha had the same shell & mounting points but with 2 x round lights behind the glass. I have seen pictures of Honda CB750 lights fitted also (they were 2 x square lights). Others have modified the original lights but no Paso came from the factory with 2 x round lights. If it looks untampered & factory it is probably the Yamaha unit.
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

It's as tell Bill aven if the front headlamp may be the same for 750, 906 and 907 as turns out by the codes of the spare parts.
Bye.
Francesco
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Both Paso headlight can be fitted to ALL Paso modells!!! Newer Koito unit was only little better, than CEW. Koito U can find in some 907:s.

I make dual headlight modification to my both 750 Paso and 907IE by using Cagiva Elephant dual headlights. Need some evenings work, but fit very nicely and also those adjustments can be also done. Better also add same time new relays/bigger wires with fuses to headlights system. Need also clear cover to bolt to square hole in front fairing, so if U need keep Paso, "as original", dont do that, but anyway Paso looks GREAT with dual round headlights :cool:

No fotos yet in gallery, sorry guys, but maybe later in wintertime, if not soooo hurry, like now....
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium