Swing arm lubrication?

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Jorian
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Swing arm lubrication?

Post by Jorian »

Hi Folks, I need some info.
How is the swing arm pivot on a 906 lubricated?
And, what is the purpose of the two screws, above and below the right side pivot?
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Re: Swing arm lubrication?

Post by Mc tool »

The screws hold a centre bush in place. Lubing is done upon assembly . Cleaning and repacking is a maintainance thing . The axle can rust into the bush making removal difficult ( pounded mine out with a lump of firewood ). I guess it depends a bit on how dry the bike is stored ,or ridden in the rain as to how often you would need to re-lube the pivots.....probly should do shock linkages at the same time.
DSC02276.JPG
DSC02276.JPG (87.32 KiB) Viewed 6491 times
you can see the ally ring with the cap screws , this goes over the large stepped bush and sits in the middle ,then there is a sealed ball bearing on each end of the large stepped spacer .
, the two smaller stepped spacers go one each end into the mounted bearings, this lot then goes into the right side of the swingarm and cap screws thru swingarm to locate the bearing/bush assy. The large plain bush is for the caged needle roller bearings on the left side. Its this bush that seizes onto the pivot axle. the right side bearing assy locates the swingarm in the frame , the left side floats on the needle rollers and bush. :)
The other long bit with the nuts( no! Not that) is a linkage pivot
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Jorian
year: 1989

Re: Swing arm lubrication?

Post by Jorian »

Thank you for the detailed answer, very useful.