750 sport fuel system

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
jimg1au
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

750 sport fuel system

Post by jimg1au »

Hi
I have a new needle and seat to put in my Webber carby and I have found that there was no jet in the return system what dose this do without it in I will have to buy one and put it in120 delorto
Thanks
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: 750 sport fuel system

Post by Mc tool »

The missing jet provides a bit of resistance to the returning fuel so most of the fuel goes to the carb . Mine doesn't have one ,I just made the return line a bit longer to provide resistance. If you do away with the return line you would need a fuel pressure reg as the standard pump will blow straight thru the float valve, so if the reason your replacing it is because it's leaking .....might pay to make sure your return line set up is working properly
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
jimg1au
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

Re: 750 sport fuel system

Post by jimg1au »

I am changing the needle and seat as the bike runs rich and also when coming to a stop after riding it just stalls
my spark plugs are always black with soot it takes off fine and pulls through all the gears just want to stop the richness
I don't ride it fast and the motor is perfect condition only done 8500 klms from new