discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

superleggera
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

oil coolers (replacement)

Post by superleggera »

Probably 7+ years since I last posted!

Looking for a pair of new replacement oil coolers for the 750 Paso. I searched and not much other than "clean the original" or "build your own". But with a damaged parts feeding through the engine and into the cooler, I'm not going to take a chance with bitsa in the old oil coolers and with the new engine installed. Cheap insurance with new coolers and new oil lines. Need two oil coolers for Arizona - a center mounted one beneath the horizontal cylinder isn't sufficient.

My only option is to find two small oil coolers and modify the fairing nacelles that hold them. Just looking for a simpler option.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: oil coolers (replacement)

Post by Mc tool »

Take your coolers and any hoses to a transmission workshop and ask them to flush them out . They regularly flush coolers . Personally I would just do it myself but if your lookin for peace of mind ....
I would flush them with hot water 1st , in both directions ( that's both the coolers and the hoses ) and then compressed air. Any 2nd hand coolers may we'll have come off a chundered engine ......better the devil you know :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time