Buying secondhand

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
rga steve
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Buying secondhand

Post by rga steve »

Hi all.
Hope everyone is staying safe out there.
Probably been discussed before.
Looking for any advice and what to look for when buying a secondhand 906.
Owned a 750 sport many years ago and now laverdas do not new to bikes.
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Living in the uk and I have seen one with kph clocks. Has this one been imported.
Cheers
Steve
Kmamac
year: 1990

Re: Buying secondhand

Post by Kmamac »

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. There does seem to be a big difference in prices, some in dealers want four or five thousand. However, they never seem to sell! I paid about a grand for a non runner 2 or three years ago. There’s not a grea5 demand for them so you should get a decent price between 1 and 4 I guess!,!,
WRT this forum it is very rare that a topic or question has not already been answered! Search and you will find. When about are you?
Keith MM in SE London
Jorian
year: 1989

Post by Jorian »

One aspect that should keep prices down as time goes on, is that certain semi-durable parts are no longer available to buy new.
Things like the radiator hose set, a complex structure that's not easy to replicate, and the tail light lens.
Some of the fun/challenge of keeping nice old bikes going is to find work-arounds or doing good detective work to find parts, if that's your cup of tea.
Ironically, worn but serviceable parts can be very expensive.
JWilliam
year: 1989

Post by JWilliam »

Non runners can be almost a basket case but in the case of Ducati they are usually a reasonable project. The only thing that affects an old bike is where it has been kept. Outside? Any motorcycle will only put up with that for a year or two before major damage sets in. If it is actually running with paperwork its a safe bet.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

I've tried to make something like a checklist/buyer's guide a longer while ago. You find it here:
http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1551

G: