discussions specific to the 907IE
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Hi everybody,
I've phoned to Galassetti.
The price of both exhausts is E. 450,00 (inox), but we could have a little reduction in price if we will buy more than a couple :thumbup: .
If someone is interested we could buy together.
No need of modification on the ECU.
Let me know :screwy: !!!!!!!!!!
Ciao.
Francesco
DuC-MaN

Post by DuC-MaN »

Francesco, thanx for informing!

I will not be buying exhausts at this time, but for now its nice to know their price. :thumbup:
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

...."No need of modification on the ECU".... that means, that they are as resistive as original pipes !!!!! So, think, do U want such, or more open.....Price seems good, if Titanium, but if only inox and resistive, then NO anything to real Ducati owner... :D
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Hey, Antti! There is a young Finn called Neiminen, I think, who is playing very good tennis in New Zealand at the moment. He has just won our Open Championship.
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

Hi Antti,
yes, they are inox and resistive as original pipes because I has asked him for replacement, and also because another guy has asked to me for a type no need ECU modification.
Moreover he let a statement of compliance with law in force, that in Italy is very important because so you will not have problems in case of inspections of traffic police, compulsory periodic checks or accidents. In fact in Italy if your vehicle have not any compliance with law is seized by the traffic police and, in case of accident, the insurance will not refund the damages.
I'm a lawyer and for me this is very important.
...however you always will can take away the bottom...
P.S. Do you knows some producer of titanium exhausts?
Ciao
Francesco
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Skins: I know very well, that Jarkko Nieminen is very good tennis player and he is from Finland :thumbup:

Fracesco: I taught, that in Italy, those open exhaust systems are quite legally, cause near every bike(like in moto.it)have somekind open exhaust system :confused: But surely these resistive systems are very good choise, if You want something "easy to replace originals" exhausts :thumbup: I know very well, that its hard to find new pipes to Paso series bikes currently and this manufacture was new to me, so it delighted me very much, that some company still make such to so old bikes, like Pasos :D Btw, i dont know any Titanium pipes to paso, but surely quite easy to find Titaniums to ST- series bikes, like i have made by Sil. Moto. They make also earlier pipes to Paso, but i havent check, have they them anymore. One my friend had Sil. Moto alumium pipes in his 907 and those were open ones and very good sounded :thumbup:

I use in my 750 Paso Cio.ca Moto polished stainless High pipes(like in 900 Superlight without passengers footrests) In my 907IE i normally use Conti open trumpet style pipes(whitch are BEST!!!) And i have those oval Titaniums in my ST4S. ...Surely i have also some 4 other pairs of mufflers to my bikes :D
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

Two Brothers makes aluminum, carbon and ti slipons for 907. VERY pricey!
Aluminum $479.98
Carbon $759.98
Ti $759.98
These are oval in cross section and come in two sizes at same inflated price.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

If have to choose CF, or Titanium, surely Titanium least much more longer, than CF, what "dry" and need clearcoat after some years(heat makes it such, i have seen it very many times in my Ducati friends bikes...). Titanium doesnt need anything... :cool: Stainless or Titanium :thumbup: Aluminium is "cheap one" :thumbdown:

Btw, those Two Brother slip ons seems quite good quality, but those taxes to import to Eu area :sad:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

Hi Annti,
in Italy, for the legal use of every motor part, it's need of homologation by the producer that assert the compatibility with your vehicle.
In Italy the bureaucracy is very boring and is very difficult to have this authorizations.
But it's true that in Italy many people use their bikes with open exhausts and others modifications, some legal others not legal.
I never have used modifications not legal, because I don't want to have any problem with insurance, police...... having more hp on my bike.
My bike is so and if I want to go faster, I will buy a S4, or ST4, 916, 999... :thumbup:
Ciao.
Francesco
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi!

Here in Finland we are lucky, cause here polices dont have time/men to measure exhaust noises on road :funny: But if there are totally open exhaust and polices stop me caused by that, then they give me small panalty and write to bikes papers, that i need too fix it quite soon, what i must do then. We dont have any "year check" in motorbikes here yet, but maybe soon we have such system, like they use in Germany, but surely thats why i need one pair of resistive exhaust to my bikes, what i put then to "year check"... I have also such, originals, but after check i can uses again open systems, cause they dont check them in road, if they are not TOO LOUD.... :thumbup:

I am not sure, but i have heard, than in Sweden they put one part of Ducati club Sweden moneys to "spare bank" and if someone memeber gets penalty from too loud exhaust in Ducati, they pay those penalties from that "bank" :funny: I am not sure, is it truth, but maybe some Swedish member can tell more? :confused:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

We have to make a first check after 4 years and then every 2 years. Here also the police don't measure the exhaust noise.
Simply hear the noise and then check the mufflers.
The OEM exhausts have stamped some code that is written also in the documents of the bike.
If the exhausts don't are regular the penalty is very expensive (about €. 500) and you can't use the bike until you have made to check by a public station.
But above all, as I told, the insurance can't refund the damages after an accident.
Here the insurances are very expensive and give not much.
I amazed when you told that your insurance have bought the spare parts to you!
Here I'm not able to have the insurance for the thefts, that in a big town as Rome, is very important!
After all, I have to pay €. 400 every year having only the insurance for third party damages and the breakdown service :sad: .
Ciao.
Francesco
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

I start to feel, that we Finns are very lucky :laugh: We DONT have any information in bikes papers about mufflers :D and we dont have yet any year checks!!! (after some years also here is)

I quess, that i have to pay MUCH more from insurance, what You have to pay, but that is such insurance, that if i crash my bike with car and i am wrong, it pays all my broken parts, that car fixing and all MY BODY fixing, new helmet, cloths fixing, maybe payment from my pain also! :thumbup: Life is here in north very expensive, but seems, that we have here something, what others dont have :cool:

Francesco, i tell shortly one funny thing: When i drive my 907(very LUOD Contis)with my friend ST2 road "Via Aurelia"(MARVELOUS road!!), polices waited before La Spezia to "something happen". Those 2 men with Guzzis stopped us to right side of road and wanted to "check" things, I put all my and my 907:s papers to his hand and asked, what is the problem?,,,,He say, that something very sweet sound came and they wanted to hear more... He saw, that all my papers were in good order and started to smile...."ohhhh, FROM FINLANDIA???" He say that i have VERY GOOD sound in my 907 with Contis and that he is very jealous to me, cause he have to drive ONLY Guzzi, NOT Ducati !!!!!! We take some fotos, we Finns and 2 Italian motorbike polices and everybody was very happy :D :D :D
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Hello everyone sorry for not replying earlier but computer had a virus.....
Just to let you all know I have a new set of stainless steel pipes on my 907.After much searching found a company called Quill Exhausts 15 miles away from where I live!!!!!
I was sent my monthly Ducati Owners Club magazine for January and on the second page was the company offering discounts to Ducati owners.I contacted them and they said no problem full set for normally £440.00p but they gave a discount of 20% and agreed to pick the bike up from my address and return it when done for a small fee.It took them three days.The pipes look great and sound fantastic.
They have done no modifications to the cpu and the bike has been dyno tested
I will e-mail photgraphs if anyone is interested
The company can be contacted on http://www.quillexhausts.com.uk
or
sales@jbracing.co.uk
telephone number +44 01942 721 1744 fax +4401942274211
Francesco I recieved your e-mail and Ill reply shortly apologies but computer packed up !.
P.S.Next project I need replacement rubbers seals etc for front master brake cylinder as I ve put Goodrich hoses on the front and the seals have gone anyone any contacts
Cheers
Timbo
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Seems, that this link: http://www.quillexhausts.com.uk dont open :confused: But if You have any dyno charts, can You send them to me, cause i plane to dyno my 907IE next spring, so i need something to compare :thumbup:

Email: finnpaso@gmail.com

Thanks! :thumbup:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

The link don't work!
Can you check it? I would want to see this exhaust!

Antti,
the italian is a great people! The policemen with Moto Guzzi that hear the sound of your Conti. It seems to me a movie!!!!
But, in Italy are also some Ducati between the bikes of the police!
Therefore, I love also the Moto Guzzi and I like the V7 sport or, between his moden bikes, the Griso.
Today I've seen the first Griso and is really fantastic.
Ciao.
Francesco