Instrument panel screen

discussions specific to the 907IE
twd46
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Instrument panel screen

Post by twd46 »

So now that I've got the bike running, its time to address the many issues to get it road worthy. One of those issues is that the gauge cluster lacks a screen. Id rather buy a screen than buy the entire gauge cluster. Does anyone have any ideas? I doubt id be able to find the screen only so I thought about buying some clear plastic and cutting it to fit. If anyone has any other ideas, Id like to hear them. Thanks.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: Instrument panel screen

Post by Mc tool »

There is an outfit in Australia called Gowanloch Ducati ,and they had Paso parts and if I recall correctly they had some instrument parts ,this was a while ago but worth a try . Also keep an eye on ebay as thats where I got my spare parts from . They come up from time to time .
Hamish
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
twd46
year: 1991

Post by twd46 »

Thanks for the suggestions. Ive checked on Ebay and I've seen a few instrument clusters on there but not the screen only. Id like to avoid purchasing the entire cluster, but that might be the best idea.
du907
year: 1992

Post by du907 »

Arch,
Good luck finding that. I've been trying to find a new lens for years. I have a small crack in a corner on mine. It would be cool if someone could make one, don't know what that would entail.
nickta

Post by nickta »

Hi Everyone.

I have purchased the whole dash assembly from Italspares in Adelong (Australia). Ian Gowanloch runs the show, and yes, he is the same person who started up Gowanloch's in Sydney. Ian sold up a long time ago, but the company kept his name. Italspares do have various bits and pieces of complete assemblies, so he may have a dash lens or 2 lying around.

Cheers.

Nick.
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

If anyone has the ability to reproduce I have a brand spanking un wrapped one tucked away some where which I have kept safe in the hope of finding someone with the ability to do so.
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

englishstiv wrote:If anyone has the ability to reproduce I have a brand spanking un wrapped one tucked away some where which I have kept safe in the hope of finding someone with the ability to do so.
yeah man just send it to me :lol: :lol:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

yeah man just send it to me :lol: :lol:
:thumbup: It's in the Post via the North Pole have you been naughty :evil: or nice :o .
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991