Looking for known good set of 907ie throttle bodies

discussions specific to the 907IE
dukeati
model: Indiana
year: 1987

Looking for known good set of 907ie throttle bodies

Post by dukeati »

Hello all. I am in search of a known good set of throttle bodies for a 907ie. I am fitting a 907ie motor and electronics into an Indiana chassis. I had a good set, but I used them on a customer's 907ie. His bike had 80k miles and was beginning to have running issues and I diagnosed it by trying my set. That was years ago, and now I am finally back around to this project. I still have the bad set, it looks like the bore of the shaft for the butterfly is just worn out. I had an Indiana in boxes (minus the motor) and a very crashed 907ie frame that still had the motor, harness, and electronics. I decided to save both bikes from the dumpster to make one vile catastrophe of a motorcycle. Anyways, eventually I am going to need a nice set. If anyone has a spare set they'd like to sell and ship, I would like to talk about it. I am in Albuquerque, NM.
Attachments
IMG_2010.JPG
IMG_2010.JPG (220.22 KiB) Viewed 4631 times
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: Looking for known good set of 907ie throttle bodies

Post by higgy »

https://www.ducpower.com/

Ed Milch usually has a set around
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso

Post by paso750 »

Rudy in the Netherlands is selling one, too.
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 0-306-1849
You find his email in his posts in the classifieds section.

Why not convert it to carbs? That would simplify things.
dukeati
model: Indiana

Post by dukeati »

The throttle bodies fit pretty nicely with some pod filters, and ive already mounted the ECU under the passenger seat. Would be more complicated to go with carburetors I think. Would still need the ECU for the ignition even without EFI. The more complicated matter is finding a small radiator with the proper routing of pipes. I am going to move all the coolant sensors to a block style bolted to the front head like a 996. That simplifies it a little, but I still have to make and weld mounting tabs for the radiator and determine a position that will work and clear the steering. I've already split these cases and machined on the swingarm pivot hole for the difference in diameter of swingarm pivots between the two models. So Im married to it. I will look into the set in the Netherlands. Thanks
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso

Post by paso750 »

If you already found how and where to install the EFI system you're fine. Installing carbs is simpler tho. It doesn't require the large Digiplex ECU, vacuum lines nor numerous sensors. It simplifies the wiring, too. Regarding the electrics all that would be required is installing the two pick-ups and bracket from a carbed engine and replacing the flywheel. Then the Kokusan ignition modules (or an Ignitech module) and different coils would be needed. (3-5 ohms, not 0,5 the 907IE uses).
Don't forget the injection system will need a high pressure fuel pump.
Crumpati
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Post by Crumpati »

you could also try Gowanlochs in Australia. Ian used to have brand new sets for sale out of his shipping containers of spares. Maybe still has a set or two?