"new" Paso 750

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Karl

"new" Paso 750

Post by Karl »

Hi all,
I am new in this very nice forum. I live in Milan and I have found my first ans second Paso in the last 3 month. I would like to ask you a suggestion:
my second paso has been covered for 10 years without doing one km. So it is a lot of work to do. Does it make sense to build it up or is it better to keep it for spare parts. I know that I must change the belts, tyres, exhausts; Ithink it will be necessary to change all conumtion parts. And then i can hope that i don't must open the motor.
So what do you think abaut this.

Thanks
Karl
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

I think, everything depends from YOU. Is Paso REAL bike to You, or is it like some other motorbike? Do You feel any love to her? If You feel, then its better to start build it up again, but if not love, then better to put it to parts and sell it here, cause guys need some stuff. How You have stored it?? Outside, or inside in dry place? If out, then i say, that forget to repair it, but if it has been inside, then damages havent been too big and it can be repaired. How many kms? What is condition? How about early maintain? ALL depend about condition and Love to Pasos. :thumbup:

Btw, If You are parting her out, i am intrested dashboard, Öhlins(if U have it), camshafts....
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Hi Karl,
welcome in the forum.
The Paso is a strong bike, with only some weakness, like the wiring and some trimmings.
If it don't get too rust (specially, you have to check the tank), you wouldn't have too much problems.
Then, as tells the friend Antti - Finnpaso, if you really love it you will repair it!!! :thumbup:
Good luck.
Ciao
Francesco
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Francesco dear, I have crashed my 750 Paso twice and my 907IE one time and i have fixed them to BETTER condition, what they have been in new :thumbup: I have made very many "small" modifications to them, especially to electrics in 750 to get more realible Ducati, what she have been, when came from Bologna, where i have visited also some times :thumbup:

PS. I LOVE Pasos soooo much, that i want to keep them in very good shape and i testament them to my two sons(surely, IF they understand, what they have then....) That ST4S i start to use "as normal bike" for normal use. Pasos start to be for "my museum" and thats why they must be in very good shape :D :D :D Am i "normal Paso guy"???, or is it better, that wife takes me to madhouse soon????
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hello,
my Paso will be built up!!! Thanks