New Owner 92 907

discussions specific to the 907IE
Lee

Post by Lee »

Hey everyone, I am also a new owner of the black beauty. ser#ending in 1468. I found it with 5000 miles with one owner. Best thing I ever did. This bike not only catches everyones ears with its awesome sound, it also collects looks from everyone. I might buy another but I will never part with this one.
wiggs

another black beauty

Post by wiggs »

hi lee,
welcome to the list and 907 ownership.glad to have you aboard.
where are you located? i'm in n-w ohio and have #1462,they were probably in the same container on the trip across the pond. do you plan on going to mid-ohio for vintage days in ohio? ducati is the featured marque this year.
i have yet to refuel my bike as i bought it late in the season and haven't really ridden it much yet. the weather is getting closer to breaking here but now i have a head cold,job interview tuesday and will be delivering a 650 ss cagiva to philly wed or thursday ,so if there is a break i'll probably miss it!
my bike was also a one owner bike bought new in the chicago area and has 21,000 miles on it. sound great too,if i remember correctly. i'm looking forward to getting it out and riding when things clear up (my head and the weather).
keep in touch. wiggs
Lee

Re: another black beauty

Post by Lee »

Hey wiggs, I am just north of Houston, Texas in Conroe, Texas. My bike was purchased new from Eurosports in Fort Worth, Texas. Yep..probably same boat. I will not be making the gig in ohio. Too far..too busy.....Damit! Hey the weather is great down here now. Its in the upper 70s and everything is green. Great riding. Hey get well and get to riding!!! Your going to love riding the 907!!!!! Later.
wiggs wrote:hi lee,
welcome to the list and 907 ownership.glad to have you aboard.
where are you located? i'm in n-w ohio and have #1462,they were probably in the same container on the trip across the pond. do you plan on going to mid-ohio for vintage days in ohio? ducati is the featured marque this year.
i have yet to refuel my bike as i bought it late in the season and haven't really ridden it much yet. the weather is getting closer to breaking here but now i have a head cold,job interview tuesday and will be delivering a 650 ss cagiva to philly wed or thursday ,so if there is a break i'll probably miss it!
my bike was also a one owner bike bought new in the chicago area and has 21,000 miles on it. sound great too,if i remember correctly. i'm looking forward to getting it out and riding when things clear up (my head and the weather).
keep in touch. wiggs
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey lee,
i worked for western geophysical,digicon and norpac all out of houston. i also have 2 aunts that live there and bought a '81(?) darmah in houston and rode it home many yrs ago. been there many times. also lived in eagle pass on the boarder in a past life. great state ya got there.i've always enjoyed my time there.
too bad ya can't make mid-ohio.depending on my employment i may not spend as much time there as i would like.then again...
i did get the bike out wed noonish for a short ride,even got to put fuel in it.it did put a smile on my mug. reminds me of that toyota comercial awhile back,"OH WHAT A FEELING". good thing i rode it alittle as we're expecting some snow and associated misery for the weekend.
trevor

Re: New Owner 92 907

Post by trevor »

guzziguy wrote:took the plunge, high miler ( 50K) but the color was right Black, serial number end in 1548

Joe
Downingtown Pa
Hi I have a 92 907 with 62k's on the clock and still going strong, this is the second unit I have had. Great bike, I just came back from the super bikes in Philip Island (Australia) and had a great time over there. Regards Trevor
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Lee wrote:Hey everyone, I am also a new owner of the black beauty. ser#ending in 1468. I found it with 5000 miles with one owner. Best thing I ever did. This bike not only catches everyones ears with its awesome sound, it also collects looks from everyone. I might buy another but I will never part with this one.
5000miles / one owner - some people have all the luck!!!!! Then theres me............. :roll: :roll:
beemerboy
year: 0

Post by beemerboy »

And here I am with SN 1469 sitting at 6006 miles. That's gonna change as soon as I can get my fuel tank back from the repair shop.
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

i wonder,with all the black 907's numbered so close,did ducati run a batch of each color at a time? seems the big auto makers have all colors of the rainbow coming down the line at once.
my bike was an out of state bike so it has to be inspected b-4 i can license and insure it. the out of state tag expired the end of march so i can't (legally) ride it till it's inspected. could put the 860 tag on it for a short spin but would sure hate to have one of those attacks. i'm hoping this age thing brought with it some wisdom but then again ?!?!?!?