starting problems 906

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
pasofreak

starting problems 906

Post by pasofreak »

Since short I have starting problems on my 92 Paso 906.
Some help from you guys would be most welcome.
Sorry at first for my English, I'm Belgian.
I tried starting the bike with the choke open, and without gassing, but he wouldn't pick up. After several try's I think now the bike is overfuellled. Battery is ok, spark plugs ok, starter engine ok,...
Help me restart my darling please, because I want to serve my Honda Blackbird-loving brother a lesson he won't forget.

Thanks in advance.
Pasofreak Belgium.
Marcel
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Marcel »

Hi, look at the site of Bauke http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/4030/ there's a wiring modification, it's a day work, but my starting problems are solved!

regards Marcel (from Holland)
Blue Paso 906 1990
Marcel
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Marcel »

Blue Paso 906 1990
pasofreak

Post by pasofreak »

Thanks, but I don't think the problem is bad wiring. As I said the carbs are overfueled. Otherwise my bike runs perfect. Thanks anyway.
pasofreak

Post by pasofreak »

Thanks, but I don't think the problem is bad wiring. As I said the carbs are overfueled. Otherwise my bike runs perfect. Thanks anyway.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

If its "overfueled", You need to take spark plugs away and run with starter engine enough long time, that there is not anymore fuel between pistons and heads !!!! AND dry plugs! My 750 had made such some times when it was fitted with Weber and only way is to dry it!!! ...or did i understand wrongly that "overfueling" ??? :confused:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
pasofreak

Post by pasofreak »

ok super ! I'll try and let you know. You did understand my english well enough. This is what i meant with overfueled.
pasofreak

Post by pasofreak »

Problem solved. I have a great solution for problems like this : Start Pilote. It is an aerosol available in most hardware stores. You need to spray it into the airbox (mine is K&N) and start with choke without gassing. A big bang and the engine runs.

Thanks for trying to help me out guys.

Pasofreak.
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Hi everybody,
The 906 are famous for this.
Sometimes my old 906 made some "Big-bang" so loud that the rubble of my garage fall down!!!
Also in the test of "Motociclismo" (Italian bike's newspaper) they said it as peculiarity of these bike.
Ciao.
Francesco
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

My 750 Paso with Weber did also that same, when engine stopped just, when it was hot. Maybe some fuel went to hot exhaust system and there was very loudly big BANG coming from exhaust pipes! It was very funny way to scared peopple, who didnt know that!!! :funny: :funny: :funny: Best experince was in north Italy, when i was coming down from Cortina to Tarvisio and there was many small villages with stone buildings in curvey roads. When i came to down to villages, Paso started to bang very ludly between those stone houses and there was many Italian women(and surely many men) showing, that they like very much that "Italian lifestyle" with Ducati :D :D :D She was VERY loudly there! :thumbup:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

My 906 made these Big-bang only when the engine was cold.
People was terrified!!!
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Mine did NEVER it cold, ONLY after hard hot drive! When i took keys off, after some 3-4 seconds there was very big bang !!!! It was very funny, but i was liittle scared, can it broke something there inside engine, but never havent noticed anything such. :laugh:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
viceversa

Post by viceversa »

I have exactly the same problem with the bang when it starts from cold.I have found that if I turn on the ignition so that the fuel pump is running and open and close the throttle fully between 6 and 10 times depending on how log it has stood and how cold the weather is,the bike will usually at least cough on the first attempt,if it doesn't start repeat the procedure it then fires.sometimes have to repeat this process 3 or 4 times but it seems to work.It has the standard weber carb by the way. :thumbup: