1990 906 for sale.

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
dbenson

1990 906 for sale.

Post by dbenson »

I have been holding onto my 1990 906 paso for quite some time now and finally would like to sell it. This was my first Ducati and have never ridden a better 2 up bike in my life. This bike has it's fare share of problems and therefor I would like to see it goto someone that will do to it what I never could. Info on the bike:

Mileage: 12000
Euro Tail light
F1 exhaust slip ons
Dual Dellorto Carburetors
Customer silver paint
Custom Powder coated White Frame, black wheels.
907ie seat

What the bike needs:

The Plastics on this bike are needing to be replaced. The tank and rear sides are perfect, the front sides and upper are not worth the time to fix. Headlight has a crack in it and has been so for many years (I see no need to fix this). Over my time in this bike I have had nothing but problems with the charging system. I have replaced the rectifier twice, remade all the ground connections and still have never had a reliable bike out of it. Currently the bike has been sitting for 5 years. I rebuilt the entire bike, rode it for a month and stored it in a basement since. The Tires are old and bald.

This bike starts and runs great. TLC would be the word for this. The motor is very strong and I have never had a problem with it. Transmission has never given me trouble.

Make me an offer, but please do not try and low ball this bike. It is a project that I would like to see land in the hands of someone that loves the paso's as much as I do. Thanks for looking.

Bike is in Newport RI, 02840.

http://www.swingpad.com/daniel/906
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Nice paint choice - sort of SS/FE -ish. :)

I'd like to see better detailed pictures of the 'problem areas' you list; and is the crack in the headlight unit itself or the fairing around it?

One suggestion: you might want to set a price with an "OBO" caveat, otherwise it's hard to know what you'd consider lowball. The price somebody might consider for what you described in words might be low for something you've obviously put time & effort into.

Also - if you have pictures hosted elsewhere, you can link to them in here using the [ img ]{image url} [ /img ] tags (without the spaces before and after the square brackets) ...

Good luck with the sale. Nice looking bike - sorry you have to sell ...
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
dbenson

Post by dbenson »

fasterdammit, Thanks for the info on my add.

The headlight has a crack in the glass itself, it is functional and does not have any moisture in it. The Front lowers are pretty much bondo central from a couple of kickstand fall overs due to the stupid retracting kickstand on these bikes. I will try and post more photos of this bike in the next week.

The price I had in my mind on this bike was around $1,750.00 OBO. I invested $1,200.00 in the powder coat job alone. Again, please make me an offer, I will not take offense to much, I just hate to have to sell it in the first place.. Thanks all. //db
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Hey - good to know! Stinks about the 0mph tip overs. I hate that. That kickstand is definitely high on my nuisance list, too. ;)

Looking forward to more pics - thanks for the add'l info, too. Good luck, and sorry it has to go. But whoever the next owner is won't be too sorry, I'm sure! ;)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750