Ruptured tendon causes indicator/mirrors to break.

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Ruptured tendon causes indicator/mirrors to break.

Post by Fraser »

This started 4 months ago when my Achilles tendon ruptured playing squash (this can happen if you haven’t played for 20 years and when you do it’s with guys half your age). From this event I looked forward to my leg bring in plaster for the next 8 weeks, then recovery time.
The 750 Paso in the garage couldn’t be dormant for this length of time, it needed to be exercised. So rang my neighbour (Suzuki RG150) to see if he wouldn’t mind taking Paso out for a bit of a run around. Two nanoseconds after hanging up he was at the door with helmet and jacket. It’s good to have a keen participant.
An hour or so later he returns, both exhilarated and apprehensive. The right hand indicator assembly was split open where Paso had toppled over and hit a fence when he was manoeuvring in a driveway. No great problem, as a temporary measure we glued up the bits until a replacement was found. Six weeks later, still no luck in sourcing an indicator.
Now, after the plaster was removed a friend invited me along for an organised ride (called the Coast to Coast, about 400 participants), but couldn’t make it as the ankle was still rusted up and reluctant to move (changing gear was not possible). After some discussion it turned out that his Honda VF750 was suffering a serious malfunction and so I offered him the Paso for the weekend. Paso would certainly benefit from the exercise, however there was this nagging doubt. Of course the inevitable happened and in a remote country location Paso had a dispute with a farmer’s fence (fortunately speed was quite slow by this stage) which destroyed the right hand indicator. The fence was a simple wire strand arrangement, nice and springy, which was able to bounce Paso on to the other side so the left hand indicator could also be ruined.

Here we are, 4 months on and can not source any indicator/mirror assemblies. Does anyone in the Paso world have any spares or know of a supplier who has some in stock? Thanks for your help.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

What a sad story, that is why there is only 1 other person who I permit to ride my Paso. I bet they feel really bad. :sad:

You could try:

http://www.ducati-gowanloch.com/

They got a load of Paso Parts last year, not sure if that included indicators or not.

There is a left one on e-bay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ducati-PASO-750- ... dZViewItem

Good luck with the search & I hope the ankle is better soon so you can ride yourself :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Thanks Red,
From last weekend am now back in the saddle. Have tried Gowanloch they do not have any, but will keep an eye on the Ebay one.
Thanks.