Red 1989 906 Decals,Paint codes

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
sparra

Red 1989 906 Decals,Paint codes

Post by sparra »

Hi Every one.
I've seen the Paso light lol.
Well the first time I rode a Paso I was converted. I've had a 906 paso for 6months now and I've had it at the mechanics most of the time, starting at the heart of the bike. She is now running so smooth and handling like it should! (Ducati`s rock) This is the first Ducati I have owned and wont be the last either. I'm now at the final stage to have it resprayed, and I'm trying to find where I can purchase the full set of Decals to bring it back to original and I also need the correct paint codes to be authentic (red model), hopefully some passionate paso people can help me. :thumbup:
Many thanks.
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by jomo »

Sparra, sounds like an aussie name! You are in luck my friend, I just happen to have a 906 parts manual with me!

Paint codes
LECHLER 46354 = red
LECHLER 46216 = white

Decals
037085510 = "DUCATI" trim (screen and rear tail)

43710271A = R.H./L.H. thread silver (on rear side panels)

067085796 = "DESMO" trim (on rear side panels)

43510011A = "DUCATI" trim (tank)

43510051A = R.H. thread white-silver (tank)

43510061A = L.H. thread white-silver (tank)

43710261A = R.H. upper thread white-silver (upper fairing)

43710241A = L.H. upper thread white-silver (upper fairing)

43710251A = R.H./L.H. thread silver (lower fairing)

43610031A = L.H. "PASO 906" trim (lower fairing)

43610041A = R.H. "PASO 906" trim (lower fairing)

Hope this helps, if your local Ducati person can't assist, let us know where you live so the members can put you in touch with the right people.

It may also be cheaper to buy a new tank of Gowanlock Ducati in Sydney because he bought a container load from the factory and they are allready painted. Your tank is probably cracked allready. Smell petrol anyone?

Good luck,

JOMO

43810071A = "LIQUID COOLED" white trim (fairing)
sparra

Thanks

Post by sparra »

Hey Jomo,
WOW! Thanks very much for all the info regarding the colour codes. I'm sure they will be a great help.
I'm going to try the local Ducati dealership here in Darwin and will let you know if i have any trouble. I will chase up the Gowanlock fella in sydney for a tank. How did you know that i'd probably need a new one ?? LOL
I appreciate the help. :thumbup:
Cheers,
sparra (Darwin NT Australia)
jomo

Post by jomo »

Sparra,

The tanks were built to crack at every weld. If you are in Darwin, don't even try to respray...the decals will probably cost more than a tank... if you can get them. I think Gowanlocks also brought in heaps of other panels. With our exchange rate expensive to us but probably cheap to a lot of you people overseas.

Good luck, expect problems, accept them, but remember the old Ducati saying.........."Once it starts, all is forgiven"

jomo
sparra

Post by sparra »

jomo wrote:Sparra,

The tanks were built to crack at every weld. If you are in Darwin, don't even try to respray...the decals will probably cost more than a tank... if you can get them. I think Gowanlocks also brought in heaps of other panels. With our exchange rate expensive to us but probably cheap to a lot of you people overseas.

Good luck, expect problems, accept them, but remember the old Ducati saying.........."Once it starts, all is forgiven"

jomo
haha thanks for that,but the trouble i go to will be all worth it to have another paso back in action on for those weekends we all live for.Does any one know a contact address for Gowanlock or Phone number? Thanks
jomo

Post by jomo »

Sparra,

On the menu on the left click "Links" and go to paso parts sources, it is all there.

Jomo