Clutch resevoir rebuild kit

discussions specific to the 907IE
pencilbeam
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Clutch resevoir rebuild kit

Post by pencilbeam »

Does anyone know if Brembo makes a rebuild kit for the clutch/brake resevoirs?
I've got traces of fluid showing on the outside of the rubber where the cltuch lever pushes in at the bottom of the perch/resevoir unit. If it's a standard Brembo part, or only an OEM Ducati part.

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Remembering.... that clutch and brake are different and another can be found from Ducati dealer, but cant remember, whitch one... Shit! , i am getting too old to remeber all... :sad: i think, i can find that from my 1000 notes from garrage, if You really need that info... but maybe tomorrow... :thumbup:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
DesmoDog
year: 1991

Re: Clutch resevoir rebuild kit

Post by DesmoDog »

pencilbeam wrote:Does anyone know if Brembo makes a rebuild kit for the clutch/brake resevoirs?
There are rebuild kits for Brembo master cylinders, but you're not likely going to find them at a Ducati dealer. The last time I tried to get one from a dealer, I got the wrong part. When I went back to get the right one, the punk behind the counter told me he'd be happy to order another one but I'd just get the same thing. No offer to help figure out what would work, basically no interest at all... if it wasn't in the book, it didn't exist in his world...

One call to Slater Brothers got me exactly what I needed at half the cost of the incorrect dealer part. Unfortunately, they've since gone out of business, so you'll need to try a place like Yoyodyne.

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/category.aspx ... tartpage=0

You could also try somewhere that carries stuff for old Moto Guzzis. Lots of Italian bikes of the era used the same components.

MG Cycle carries rebuild kits but likely has no idea what you need for your Ducati. You may need to know the diameter of the piston to get the right parts? http://www.mgcycle.com/mastercylinder.html

I'm also pretty sure you need a tool to insert the seal in that master cylinder. At least I did in the brake M/C I just rebuilt on my '74. It's a very simple tool and there's a slight chance you'll have a socket that will work, but I had to make a tool.
-Craig
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Checked just from garrage: and from microfilm....

Clutch reapairing kit: Ducati original spare part 0000447226 fits to all 750, 906 and 907. "gruppo revisione" (gasket set) At least one year ago i managed to find one from local Ducati dealer. I have 2 such new spare kits :D

Brake system seems to be different: 750 microfilm: 037054340 "gasket repl. set" and 907 microfilm doesnt know any such repeir kit. but seems, that its out of production, so if troubles with brake sylinder, maybe better to change new style one. Anyway have to change, if change to 4 piston calipers, cause this old one dont have enough capacity for 4 piston system.... :thumbup:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
DesmoDog
year: 1991

Post by DesmoDog »

Finnpaso wrote: Clutch reapairing kit: Ducati original spare part 0000447226 fits to all 750, 906 and 907. "gruppo revisione" (gasket set) At least one year ago i managed to find one from local Ducati dealer. I have 2 such new spare kits :D

Brake system seems to be different: 750 microfilm: 037054340 "gasket repl. set" and 907 microfilm doesnt know any such repeir kit. but seems, that its out of production, so if troubles with brake sylinder, maybe better to change new style one...
Depending on how soon you plan to use those spare kits, you may be better off selling them to someone who has an immediate use for them. I'd rather use "fresh" parts in this type of rebuild, and they are still available. The cylinder shouldn't need replacing very often so by the time you use that second spare set, how old will it be??? There were a lot of Bremebo master cylinders made and used in that size, I doubt they'll stop supplying parts for them any time soon.

The master cylinders are not a Ducati specific part. Just because Ducati doesn't list the kit doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Brake M/C rebuild kits are certainly still available. You just need to know the size of the piston.

Not that it really matters I guess, but how sure are you of your translation of "gruppo revisione"? I'd guess that means the parts were revised, not "gasket set". After all, you're replacing seals with the kit, not gaskets.
-Craig
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

1. My 750 Pasos clutch master sylinder leaks little, but only little, so i think, i use that one "repairing kit" quite soon, when it start to leak more.... Then i have still one to use for my 907IE :evil:

2. Seems, that those packages, what i have are not any "OLD spare parts", when lookin those packages. They are "fresh"! :evil:

3. I was talking ONLY Ducati OEM spare parts, knowing nothing else another sources! :evil:

4. Everybody is free to search/find/buy all other stuff, what ever find! :evil:

5. "gruppo revisione"? It was direct from microfilm! Those microfilms have many such "translations", and when i am looking foto in microfilm, i can see, that it have just those ALL inside parts to master cylinder, no matter, what there read . And i think, that "revision" means just that repairing.... :evil:

6. I am ready to change that my another clutch master cylinder rebuild kit to brake master sylinder rebuild kit: 037054340(as new, as i have) to help someone, but only in EU area, cause we have awfull tolls, VATs, etc, if import such parts from outside EU to EU :evil:

7. I tried help only with OEM spare parts numbers, if someone needs that info, cause i am ready to share my "Paso knowing", what i have :evil:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
pencilbeam

Post by pencilbeam »

Thanks to all for the detailed information. I'm going to do some checking on the Guzzi sites, since I also understand they share alot of parts.

Best regards,

Jim
Ducati907ie1992

Post by Ducati907ie1992 »

Got my repair kit from local Duc dealer with no problem.:thumbup:
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

Finnpaso wrote:
5. "gruppo revisione"? It was direct from microfilm! Those microfilms have many such "translations", and when i am looking foto in microfilm, i can see, that it have just those ALL inside parts to master cylinder, no matter, what there read . And i think, that "revision" means just that repairing.... :evil:
Yes Antti,
you have well understood.
"Gruppo revisione" seems overhaul group.

After I have bought a couple of new full floater front discs, I also would want to fit a front brake radial pump (Discacciati 19x20) :lick: :lick: :lick:
What you think about?
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi!

Its very good, that here are also Italians, (no matter are they gigolos, or no) so, they can confirm many things about Italian language translations and Italia styles "to understand Ducatis" better :thumbup:

To pump: I think, it very good idea to go for better pump, when update front brakes, like You do. There are some ways to do it and those radial pumps are very good equipments, if looking batter "feel" to front brakes, what are MOST important brakes in motorbike! ESPECIALLY, if such radial pumps can be found from Italy(where that are mostly made) for good price. I think, thye are most cheapest there, not anywhere else :confused: Can You say some prices about radial pumps, those Discacciati and Brembo units there in Italy??? I am thinking revision to ST4S to put such there and then add ST4S pump to my 907 and that 907 original to spare unit, for both 907 and my 750 Paso, where i put already 4 piston Brembo system with BIGGER PS 16 pump, than that original PS 13, what 750 and 906 Paso have. If 4 piston system, then that older PS 13 DONT have enough capacity to function! Maybe we can make some deal to buy those radial pumps more/cheaper and everybody will be happy then? I write just yesterday something, like this about DZUS fasteners, cause they are best and not cheap here in Finland... Near allways things seems to be cheapest in they manufacturing countries.... Like spirits also! There are "wine" countries", where "own wines" are quite cheap and beer countries, like Czec republic, where very good beer is very cheap. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Anyway that Your update can be very vise, cause those new pumps are much better quality and that "feel", when braking. Thats Why i am also intrested such to my ST4S.

Can You check prices of those pumps, Fransesco in Italy markets? :thumbup:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
pencilbeam

Post by pencilbeam »

As a follow up to my original post on the clutch resevoir, I found a Brembo supplier on line who has all the rebuild kits. Real helpful on the phone too.

http://www.bevelheaven.com

Jim
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

These spare part prices depend, where to live.... EU area is "well protected" against USA and Australia sellers, from where have to pay very high taxes, vats, shipping, etc..... :sad:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Timbo

Re clutch/brake replacement kits

Post by Timbo »

Hello
On the subject of replacemnet kits for brake cylinders etc.My front master cylinder packed up about a couple of months ago,and I made enquiries re replacement rubbers seals and such I was told Ducati no longer make or endorse replacement kits I would have to buy a complete new brake unit.(Apparently something to do with Ducati being sued after replacement kits were proved to have failed and not be upto standard).
I managed to get complete front master cylinder brake lever unit etc from http://www.motomeccaspares.co.uk
Cost around £70.00p UK

Timbo
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

I've found the Discacciati master cylinder at €. 195,00.
It's a radial pump 19x20, with the pliant lever and the stop switch. It needs only the reservoir.
I don't know if the seller will be any discount if we will buy more units. If someone is interested I can ask it.
The Brembo costs about €. 270,00, but is made in stamped aluminium, while the Discacciati is made in Ergal CNC machined.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »