Two Sites one bike?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

pope

Two Sites one bike?

Post by pope »

I saw a recent post on the Yahoo Paso site questioning the need for the both sites or more accurately the lack of posts on the Yahoo site. I agree. I think all Paso owners should use this site. It is much easier to use and has a great look. This site has the the Paso gear and is well maintained. I'd rather see more Paso related information in one location and keep it to our bikes. I think that the only thing that we would lose is the 15000 plus message history on Yahoo. Couldn't we re-create most of this if necessary? Most of the really early posts no longer have relavence. Finally, my e-mail continually bounces on the other site and I can't post there. So I am officially going to use this site only. Anyone else on board?
Doug
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

I still keep myself also in mailing list, but seems, that soon i am also out from there. I had earlier years many difficulties with mailing list, but currently it have started to work better, but that message lost is worst there. :sad: I was earlier also in ST mailing list, but have to log out, cause tooooo many messages came to my workmailbox and it was awful job delete those after summer holiday..... So, also that wasnt best solution to me.

"Finnpaso"
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

I'm on the mailing list as well, and have been archiving the messages for quite some time now. If it ever came to the point where ever the 'twain shall meet, it should be possible to include that archive in any of several formats on this site so we don't the rich history that is provided by that group.

Something to think about; it might be a tough sell to some of the diehards who haven't/aren't willing to cross over but it sure would be great to see all the enthiusiasts and their knowledge pooled in one resource. Even that mailing list doesn't go away, I'll keep archiving their messages and could continue to update our archive ...

Wonder what Mike thinks of this ... ?
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Rogero
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

The E mails are very spasmodic and often not relevant to me, but we do seem to have two factions of the same club!
Rogero
1992 "Red" 907 I.E.
2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDBI (Street Bob)