who wants 16 inch tyres

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
duckboy

who wants 16 inch tyres

Post by duckboy »

Hi All :choo:

There seems to be a global shortage of the 16 inch rubber for Paso.
I don't like my bike sitting gathering dust because i am unable to get rubber for it.
so i am thinking what can i do about this situation...

We as a group of owners should put pressure on the tyre companies to once again produce tyres for us.

we should also be putting pressure on Ducati to put pressure on the tyre companies to produce tyres for their bikes.

Ducati released the Paso with the slogan "Il nostro passato ha un grande futuro" (Our past has a great future). well the future for my Paso does not look that good right now, with the belts hanging out of the back tyre.

The bike was named in honour of racer Renzo Pasolini, i think it is quite disrespectful of these companies to be withholding tyres that fit this machine named in honor of this great man.

I have approached my local dealer regarding supply of this tyre, but do not seem to be getting anywhere, maybe my voice is too small.

There were over 6,500 Pasos built, another 1,000 16 inch shod F1's, and just over 650 Bimota DB1's that also use this rubber, with most of these machines only around 20 yrs old now, surely there is demand out there to warrant a production run of these tyres. (alot of these owners will probably buy multiple items in expectation of another shortage in years to come).

let thecompanies know WE WANT RUBBER!!!

:banghead:
Last edited by duckboy on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Re: who wants 16 inch tyres

Post by jcslocum »

We are working on it but a group of letter writers can't hurt!!!
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

[quote="duckboy"]Hi All :choo:

The bike was named in honour of racer Renzo Pasolini, i think it is quite disrespectful of these companies to be withholding tyres that fit this machine named in honor of this great man.

He never raced a ducati
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
duckboy

Post by duckboy »

many great racers never raced a ducati