Couple of questions

discussions specific to the 907IE
2vtwin
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Couple of questions

Post by 2vtwin »

1. My recently acquired 907ie was missing the Odometer reset knob/cable. I found and purchased NOS, but not sure how it routes. When I'm sitting on the bike the hole in the faring trim is on the right, cable does not appear to be long enough to go over to the right side, should the hole in the fairing trim be on the right or left?
2. I have brake lights but no tail lights, put new bulbs in, checked the fuses, no luck and the left turn signal flashes faster than the right. Behaves like something is not completing the circuit. Just a thought are the rear turn signals also running lights? Thanks - Gene
"It's about the Journey, Not the destination"
AMA Charter Life Member, Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member, Patriot Guard Rider
02' M900
01' Victory SC
04' Victory KP
09' HD XR1200
14' Ducati Diavel
16' Victory Cross Country Tour
pasolloyd
year: 1991

Re: Couple of questions

Post by pasolloyd »

Gene,
The hole for the reset knob goes on the left.
The turn flasher requires a minimum load to flash correctly. Mine has a pair of 21 W bulbs per side - one at the front, and one at the rear. The tail lamps are type 1157 I believe, which means they serve as tail and stop. The tail and stop circuits are separate back to the fuse so you just have to trace back to the fuse using a meter. Check the wiring at the left handlebar switch especially if you don't have daytime running lights. The integrated turn/tail lamp uses separate bulbs within the housing for turn and tail/brake. It is possible however, to have an integrated lens on a US style tail light assembly.
Lloyd
'91 907ie
'96 900 SS SP
'97 900 SS CR (for sale)
'74 750 GT (since new - sort of)
'85 Pantah 600 (sold, but not forgotten)
2vtwin
year: 1992

Re: Couple of questions

Post by 2vtwin »

Thanks. The cable does not seem to want to work in a big loop but now that I know that it goes on that side I'll fool with it. I have two bulbs in the assembly and they are double filament, with a yellow wire in one side and red/back on the other side. The test light shows I have power going back to the red/black side when I apply brake but no power to yellow side with or without brake. The one bulb I could read was a 2158, so I put two of those in. I'll trace back the yellow wire and see what if find. Thanks again - Gene
"It's about the Journey, Not the destination"
AMA Charter Life Member, Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member, Patriot Guard Rider
02' M900
01' Victory SC
04' Victory KP
09' HD XR1200
14' Ducati Diavel
16' Victory Cross Country Tour