Adjustable footrests.

discussions specific to the 907IE
900streetfighter
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Adjustable footrests.

Post by 900streetfighter »

These look good, 3 types 23mm, 30mm and 50mm, £90 posted to UK. Might get a set of 23mm, at 6foot with 31inch leg I find our bikes a bit cramped. Going 2up to Donington on it this weekend (300mile round trip) and will ponder over them on the journey.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130820081450? ... 411wt_1627
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Adjustable footrests.

Post by paso750 »

Whiff Ducbreath

Post by Whiff Ducbreath »

Those are interesting footrests. I am 6'2" and it feels like my knees are almost into my armpits (well pretty high anyway). If they will ship to the US, I will get some.

Thanks for the link
Russell
900streetfighter

Post by 900streetfighter »

Whiff Ducbreath wrote:Those are interesting footrests. I am 6'2" and it feels like my knees are almost into my armpits (well pretty high anyway). If they will ship to the US, I will get some.

Thanks for the link
Russell
I'm fairly sure they will ship to you but if not pm me and I'll forward them for you. I will check they will fit before I sent them on. The company are quite a big suppliers of parts and have a no quibble return policy.
Whiff Ducbreath

WOW. Shipping on the footrests to the USA is $70 pounds. That makes them about $250 bucks. I will have to cogitate on that for a little while.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

there are shops in the US that sell them, too.
Do you know
http://www.giyf.com/ ? :mrgreen: ;)

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/catalogs ... ducati+907

G.
2vtwin

Post by 2vtwin »

I put these on my 907, http://www.ducatidesigns.com/inc/sdetail/1730/2714, I have 30MM offset. - Gene
"It's about the Journey, Not the destination"
AMA Charter Life Member, Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member, Patriot Guard Rider
02' M900
01' Victory SC
04' Victory KP
09' HD XR1200
14' Ducati Diavel
16' Victory Cross Country Tour
Whiff Ducbreath

Thanks for the links. The Twisted Throttle are the nicest ones, and are about $200. The Ducati Designs are nice also. I guess if I want to get my knees out of my armpits I will have to cough up some bucks or make some myself which I don't have time to do. Both are very well designed and even retain the footrest spring. I need to get it back from the shop and see what that is going to set me back. They gave it the once over and said that the frame is straight and the motor has good compression, the front end and rear shock are OK. It needs brake pads, tires, and one brake line. They have not checked the timing belts, but they were supposed to have been replaced 1500 miles ago. That could also be another fairy tale.

Has anyone have experience with Pirelli tires? It would be nice to put Italian sounding tires on an Italian bike, even if they were made in China.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

If you replace brake lines replace them all. Afterall it`s 20 year old rubber. Steel braided lines won`t cost much more than originals, are maybe even cheaper and for sure better.
I`m not wondering that the forks are ok but that the seals don`t need replacement after so many years.

G.
Whiff Ducbreath

Good idea about the brake lines. He said the front ones are not new, but soft. But if they are all the same age, it will not be hard as senility approaches to remember which are what age. He said it looks like it has had some work done not too many miles ago. The timing belts look good. He hasn't gotten to the front end yet. Speaking of the front end, there is a gizmo on the lower part of the right fork tube. Any idea what that is? He said they would figure it out when they get to the front end. They have a pretty buisy shop. They are overhauling a Vincent Rapide, a Douglas Endeavor, a 1939 Panther, a couple of Guzzi's, and a Paul Smart model Ducati they are customizing for someone. They try to do a little everywhere to keep everyone happy. If you need something done fast, they are not your shop. If you want it done right, they will fix you up. They did a beautiful job converting my 1938 Indian Chief front brakes to dual discs with Brembo calipers.
du907

Post by du907 »

I'm the one who made the plates and used the offset foot pegs on the link posted above. I still have them on the bike and still are satisfied with the setup. I believe the combination of the offset pegs and the plates to move them forward helps my knees the most. Moving the pegs forward seem to help more than just lowering them.

My opinion on the tires, Michelin Pilot, or Pilot road 2 or 3. I have run Dunlops, Metzlers, etc. Ducatis where made to run Michelins, it's the round cross section that makes it flick from side to side so easily, again, my opinion.

Install steel brake lines, end of story. Brake pads might be a bit tricky. Aftermarket pads, EBC etc. usually don't have the anti-rattle spring on them like the OEM pads do. The solution is to get the anti-rattle spring like that used on later model 900ss or the like. That is covered in a recent post that probably still shows up on the current topic list. You can pay anywhere from $5 US to $20 US.
Fork seals are easy to find and easy to install. Getting the proper amount of fork oil back in is the hard part. I use a tube that has a collar on it. I put in extra fluid through the air bleeder hole and suck out the extra fluid with the pre-determined length tube until it will not suck out any more, and then I have the proper amount. I used the shop manual to come up with the proper length of tube.

du907
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

Speaking of the front end, there is a gizmo on the lower part of the right fork tube.
that`s the rebound adjuster
Whiff Ducbreath

Ok. Thanks all for the advice. I now have Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires. The shop is still twittering with the rear brake. My monster had a weak rear brake, but the 907 has a really poor rear brake. I should get it back next week. They say they can make it work better. Any suggestions on rear brakes? The front brakes will fling you over the bars. No problems there. I am getting anxious to get it on the road.
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1991

Post by Tamburinifan »

Moving the pegs forward seem to help more than just lowering them

+1, just tried that, thanks f tip! :thumbup:
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07