Fuel flow issue

discussions specific to the 907IE
Crumpati
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Fuel flow issue

Post by Crumpati »

Had the bike apart tank off etc.. to do the fork seals and now when I turn on the ignition the fuel pump primes and pressurised fuel leaks from the front outlet on the tank where the hose mounts before it goes to the injector. It blows past the hose clamp. Have checked there is no fuel from the return line with the tank on, so something is blocked outside the tank???? What is the thing that the flow goes through after the injectors before it re enters the tank to the degasator?? Fuel pressure reg? Can it fail while your looking at it and can it block flow when it does?
du907
year: 1992

Re: Fuel flow issue

Post by du907 »

Pages from 907 IE Parts Catalog-3.jpg
Pages from 907 IE Parts Catalog-3.jpg (123.55 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
That's the Degaser #40. Or maybe some trash got dislodge when removing the tank. I would check and blow out the steel tubing in the tank. Also there is a "fuel reversion valve" #13 between the injectors and the degaser. The regulator is just behind the TPS.
du907
year: 1992

Re: Fuel flow issue

Post by du907 »

Also I would check into using 900SS fork seals instead of the standard 907 seals. They are stronger and will last longer. There is some modification to make them fit. You can look it up on this forum. I did it and no leaks, 5 years now.