discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: new Paso owner

Post by paso750 »

Can one of you guys post a pic of the shinko tire mounted on the bike? Or other options mounted?
These are GoldenTyre but they are the same (GT belongs to Shinko)
http://imgur.com/a/UEv1c
birdduck

Post by birdduck »

Is that the 180? Or the stock size?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

stock size
birdduck

Post by birdduck »

Awesome, looking for a tire.. don't want to have multiple projects before I get the bike on the road.. 160/60-16 right?
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

birdduck wrote:Awesome, looking for a tire.. don't want to have multiple projects before I get the bike on the road.. 160/60-16 right?
Yes
birdduck

Post by birdduck »

Get paid this week should have some cash to get the belts :) I want to ride this thing, only rode it home from where I bought it and that's it! Missing out on good ridding weather
birdduck

Post by birdduck »

well gonna have to wait on belts:( i had missed a month of work due to an injury.. had to compleatly change my career because of it.. so realy tight on cash.. got a check but had two months of insurance come out of it.. ouch... anyway...
i got a project in my head and i am running with it :) it will be cheap(i have some mad fab skils) but its pretty much a naked bike
with a custom tank(unless i can find a duc one that fits close) custom seat, and so forth..
i am just not a fan of fairings.. i know they serve a porpose but i dont want fast, i want a unique look and style. handing and power are still at the top of my list.. i will sketch up my ideas but i am moslty wanting to expose this sexy tube frame and engine living under all that fibre glass..
lane1feathers
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by lane1feathers »

...you know the frame tubing is square right?
It also has a sub frame under engine.
It's pretty ugly :oops: ...looks better covered up :thumbup:

Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Ducati Paso, It's an 'understanding'....
Duc906
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by Duc906 »

birdduck wrote:i got a project in my head and i am running with it :) it will be cheap(i have some mad fab skils) but its pretty much a naked bike
with a custom tank(unless i can find a duc one that fits close) custom seat, and so forth..
i am just not a fan of fairings.. i know they serve a porpose but i dont want fast, i want a unique look and style. handing and power are still at the top of my list.. i will sketch up my ideas but i am moslty wanting to expose this sexy tube frame and engine living under all that fibre glass..
Just curious to know why you would buy a paso if your not a fan of fairings. Wouldn't it be better to get something like an ss that has a frame more suited to a naked bike. I'm not dissin' on your idea, each to their own i say and I'd like to see what you come up with, but I've always liked the paso because it is unique for it's time with the full fairing.
birdduck

Post by birdduck »

i was in the market for an air cooled twin. after i sold my bike this is what i was able to find. its not going to be permanent. i am keeping all the stock parts just in case i dont like the outcome.. just like to fab and tinker. i have the bike stripped st the moment so yeah i know what it looks like :) i have seen up her skirt and wasn't scared away... just needs a little trimming is all ;)
i would love to buy a monster or a like just don't have the cash floating around for it.
i have spent the last 15 hours just tidying up wires and little issues here and there, fixing this cleaning that.
its just an idea for now.. my bigest concern at the moment is just getting it on the road.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

I can tell you one thing, it will sure handle without the fairing on.

When I was tuning my del Orto carbs I spent a lot of time riding my Paso short circuit style around the neighbourhood with nothing on the bike but the seat. No plastic, and no tank. Just one of those aluminium cans you buy tennis balls in which I used to hold fuel.

It sure did get up and go, and you sure could throw it around.
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

birdduck wrote: i will sketch up my ideas but i am moslty wanting to expose this sexy tube frame and engine living under all that fibre glass..
Yeah, well, sexy is in the eye of the beholder. Now if you are making something that looks like this, you are starting with the right bike.
http://www.bikeexif.com/ducati-900ss-custom
Go steam punk all the way. Totally deconstructed. Everything exposed. Something that scares little children, and old gear heads. For good measure, hang a few cut wires and loose hoses off the thing that go nowhere. Then ride it like a bat out of hell and scare the rest of the countryside.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

the frame has the sexiness of a crane arm. All modification attempts land here:
http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2165
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

"the frame has the sexiness of a crane arm"

Classic comment, G!
birdduck

Post by birdduck »

Maybe I have a liking for tall thin square-ish things.. ;) your are right though, it could use a face lift...